what is so bad about UWS? (2 Viewers)

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
i was just wondering coz there are many people on this site that's so anti-UWS. me personally i hope i get in to that uni.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
ay0 x said:
But difficulty and job prospects.
you have no fucking idea what you're on about. science at uws has a cutoff of 60 (or it did, back in my day), and i can guarantee you that they teach basically the same shit at uws that they teach at usyd, which i can further assure you is more difficult that anything they teach at tafe.

have an opinion, fine, but at least be qualified before you start speaking bullshit.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
you have no fucking idea what you're on about. science at uws has a cutoff of 60 (or it did, back in my day), and i can guarantee you that they teach basically the same shit at uws that they teach at usyd, which i can further assure you is more difficult that anything they teach at tafe.

have an opinion, fine, but at least be qualified before you start speaking bullshit.
yay go nachabuzar (or whatever ur name is) im glad ur on ma team

johony

HSC
are the students there (generally) intellectually and culturally unstimulating individuals? i'm just gathering this from a number of posts on this thread.

Last edited:

lind27

HSC
From experience at both Macquarie and UWS i can give you an unbiased opinion.

Differences include:
1 Lack of social life on campus
2 Parramatta campus- major culture shock
3 takes ages to get to
4 UWS has one of the worst reps out there
5 Easier marking standards but there is still a high failure rate e.g Business law 50%
6 Lectures and facilities are better at UWS
7 Candidature is vastly different

hope this helps

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
From experience at both Macquarie and UWS i can give you an unbiased opinion.

Differences include:
1 Lack of social life on campus
2 Parramatta campus- major culture shock
3 takes ages to get to
4 UWS has one of the worst reps out there
5 Easier marking standards but there is still a high failure rate e.g Business law 50%
6 Lectures and facilities are better at UWS
7 Candidature is vastly different

hope this helps
Explain?

HSC
you have no fucking idea what you're on about. Science at uws has a cutoff of 60 (or it did, back in my day), and i can guarantee you that they teach basically the same shit at uws that they teach at usyd, which i can further assure you is more difficult that anything they teach at tafe.

Have an opinion, fine, but at least be qualified before you start speaking bullshit.
+1

lind27

HSC
ok well uws parra, theres a majority of lebs and a variety of other ethnicities which i haven't experienced in my area or at maq. At maq, there was a majority of asians, indians and aussies and everyone doesn't talk like a westy or a leb.
ps i have nothing against westies or lebs.

In regards to the candidature, most have either come from tafe or got uais in the 60's.

lind27

HSC
Harder TAFE courses > low cut off UWS courses.
Sorry but this is just rediculous. Uws always going to be better than pretty much any tafe course. It's just not as hard as the other unis but it would be easily harder than tafe.

Tell me a tafe subject that has failure rates in the 40's

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
ok well uws parra, theres a majority of lebs and a variety of other ethnicities which i haven't experienced in my area or at maq. At maq, there was a majority of asians, indians and aussies and everyone doesn't talk like a westy or a leb.

In regards to the candidature, most have either come from tafe or got uais in the 60's.
Why did you change unis in the first place?

johony

HSC

a big reason why i don't to go to a uni in my local area
i keep hearing UWS works their students harder in order to push up their standards, but guess not..

lind27

HSC
I felt that i didn't have an end goal at MAQ because i really wanted to do property. However, because of the traveling to Parramatta and a few other things i'm thinking of transfering again to UTS. I also can't stand the stigma attached to UWS.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I felt that i didn't have an end goal at MAQ because i really wanted to do property. However, because of the traveling to Parramatta and a few other things i'm thinking of transfering again to UTS. I also can't stand the stigma attached to UWS.
Transfer to UTS for sure....

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
UWS: Engineering, Information and Communications Technology

From this apparently they have robotics and mechatronics engineering but not mechanical engineering, one of the m3nliest degrees and possibly one of the best degrees ever.
Fixed.

Allways is portrayed as the university degree for real men at WA uni open days - I think the presenters might intentially dirty themselves up to make it look more manly.

samaccount123

HSC
Thats not so true..you can get the same degree elsewhere and if you want to go USYD..just register for their resources in the library so you can borrow their books (Its possible)..its the SAME thing as going to USYD..the books do all the talking, lecturers dont give a rats ass how you perform - self motivation is the king of all intellects not what someone else tries to teach you..and if you want to access USYD's Journals just asks a friend to share them by e-mail or by hardcopy..its not hard ROFL

HSC
I'd still rather be doing science at Usyd, rather than Mac like you. Certain unis are better for different subjects.
I chose to do science at mac coz i think the degree structure for science in mac is more flexible.

and also, there are other factors which made me chose mac such as length of travel time etc.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
At least UWS is sometimes more highly regarded than Notre Dame or Australian Catholic University lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)