what is so bad about UWS? (1 Viewer)

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
if they have a choice between someone who went to sydney uni and just passed with someone who went to uws and got distinctons there going to choose the person who got the distinctions.
depends which AOS i was in, but most likely the Sydney uni kid.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
even though you're hsc year is stated as 2010, i thought it was just a syntax error.

dolbinau

HSC
depends which AOS i was in, but most likely the Sydney uni kid.
I think because your parents told you to go to TAFE instead of UWS, this isn't surprising. But I can't imagine too many people in the real world taking passes over distinctions..that is quite a difference in calibre.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
From students i know who are there or have been there:

Some say it was/is horrible
Some say they loved it.
Some say they loved the uni but did not like the content they were learning, so they have transferred or applying to transfer.

Dooga

HSC
obviously uws is a dodgy uni look at how low their entry marks are!!!
for example, bachelor of psychology is in the 90's for all other major uni's even at wollongong its 94 atar. at UWS its in the 70's!!! plus the fact that all people living in sydney get an extra 5 points with an extra 5 if they perform well in a related subject!!! thats up to 10 extra points!!! 5 of them for doing shit all!!! I'm sure this indicates it is a bad uni!!! i mean sure i believe that some of the uni's have courses with entrance marks to high but UWS is ridiculously low

plus its UWS... most employers if employing uni students are more inclined to recruit students from a more established or prestigious uni. UWS's low entrance marks aren't boosting its public image

zeleboy

HSC
for example, bachelor of psychology is in the 90's for all other major uni's even at wollongong its 94 atar. at UWS its in the 70's!!! plus the fact that all people living in sydney get an extra 5 points with an extra 5 if they perform well in a related subject!!! thats up to 10 extra points!!! 5 of them for doing shit all!!! I'm sure this indicates it is a bad uni!!! i mean sure i believe that some of the uni's have courses with entrance marks to high but UWS is ridiculously low

plus its UWS... most employers if employing uni students are more inclined to recruit students from a more established or prestigious uni. UWS's low entrance marks aren't boosting its public image
If it wasn't for it, there'd be so many people going to Tafe.

dolbinau

HSC

It makes me cringe how you can immediately associate low entry scores with making it a 'dodgy uni', Psychology is apparently one of UWS' strong points.

Some guy I talked to thought that Unis chose cut offs based on how good the uni course is/their facilities, lol ridiculous and not even logical since if they chose them they wouldn't want them to be low.

spyborg

HSC
N/A
I went there once as part of a studio audience for a tv show and it doesnt seem too bad.

yoddle

is cool
HSC

Fool.

Cut-offs are determined by demand, not somehow allocated by the perceived quality of the course.

ANU's point cut offs are often quite a bit lower than the urban unis, but it's recognised as one of the best, if not the best, university of the country.

Also, media and communications at Melb is like 99, but for journalism UTS or RMIT is probably much better.

Inquisitive91

HSC
U go to UNI, you get a DEGREE- that terminology does NOT change, no matter what uni u go to..=]

iknight89

HSC
Its all about the students that make up the uni.

City universities
- High UAI cut offs ( better quality students )
- More International students ( students that pay $XXXXX.00 are more likely to try harder)
- Better quality students give teachers more motivation to try.

UWS
- Low UAI cut offs ( poor quality students )
- Located in Sydney's west ( higher chance of trouble makers )
- Poor student effort results in lack of teacher motivation to give a dam.

Then that is the result of how uni's reputations arise over time. I myself am from the west but it is just simple reality that the city unis are much better. As for UWS the result may be clear but i guess you never know till you try yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)