what is resting (1 Viewer)

rubypinky:)

HSC
if my friend is going around overseas having fun eating stuff and being a touritst. But im happy at home watching my netflix. Is that resting or is that considered wasting time?

jonolad69

HSC
It’s wasting time if you’re neglecting important things and choosing to watch Netflix instead…..

rubypinky:)

HSC
It’s wasting time if you’re neglecting important things and choosing to watch Netflix instead…..
someone is travelling a full day, would that be considered neglecting revision time as a year 12?
But
somone is watching netflix and tv a full day , would that be considered neglecting revision time as a year 12 ?

im just curious...

C_master

HSC
what is considered overexcessive?
Well it really depends on what your limits are so its hard to say

But really, if you are putting in the set work that you have designated for yourself and are achieving the goals you have set for yourself; especially going into year 12 I wouldn't call it 'wasting time' but it can be detrimental if your using it as a form of 'neglection' from getting your priorities done

C_master

HSC
someone is travelling a full day, would that be considered neglecting revision time as a year 12?
But
somone is watching netflix and tv a full day , would that be considered neglecting revision time as a year 12 ?

im just curious...
Well you really don't know how they would have planned their day; They could squeeze in bits of hours for revision/work etc

mzkashi

HSC
I wouldn't stress it too much. It's okay to take breaks, even if it feels like 'wasting time'.. Put in the time for work when you have to, rest when you want to.. if you're worried so much, but you don't have any work to do, try something that has you learning like documentary, I guess; it works for me when I feel lazy

cossine

HSC
But

im just curious...
The couple issues to consider

1) Does it matter
2) Do they know know what they are doing

1) Does it matter
It may a student gets a high ATAR anyway from there hard work, or they get suffficient ATAR for the course they desire.

2) Do they know what they are doing
Looking back on my experience, I didn't really know how to go about studying for the HSC. How to prepare essays for English. How to prepare for other subjects. My Atar was 82.45. Maybe now is good time to email your teachers essay and short answers. Maybe ask them the best way to prepare.

By knowing how to approach your studies you may be able to easily surpass most students.

To summarize I think it find if you take a short break or even break that is a week or two so long you get in gear for second term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)