N/A
Baby all the lights are turned on you,
And now you're in the centre of the stage,
Everything revolves on what you do,
Ah, cause you are in your prime you've come of age
Loneliness will get to you somehow
But Everybody Loves you Now

Or something like that ^ didn't look up the lyrics

I think love is a term to be applied to a relationship that exists between people where they can trust each other and rely on each other and get on well with each other. So pretty much close friends and beyond.
sucky sucky 2 dawarr

Dark_Light

HSC
Love is the trait developed through evolution that affirms within us that our selected partner is suitable for breeding. The partner will first have to demonstrate value, then our bodies will emit this reaction.

apee705

HSC
N/A
To me, Love is the name of affections that one feels for somebody in his life to a greater extent. The feeling of love can't be accurately described in words.

Guesss

HSC
People over use the word to an extent that just diminishes its meaning... theres nothing worse than my friend who goes 'omg im in love with person (a)' one day and then 'im in real love this time with person (b)' then the next week 'omg i have met him...*person (c)...i love him so much' etc etc. :mad:

SO annoying and makes me wonder if there is such thing as real love anymore.

BiancaMaree

HSC
i tell my best mates i love them; in a totally different sense to 'loving' a bf.
when my ex told me he loved me, it was a completly different being told 'i love you' by a bf, rather then 'i love you' from a mate, even a guy mate. because of how we interpret it???
but when gettin told that they love you in a msg, its not the same when your bf says love you or ily or luv you or anthing it has to be I LOVE YOU lol

irate

HSC
N/A
According to the movie/documentary 'What The Fuck Do We Know?', love is an addiction to the feel-good feelings (and anticipation of said feelings) a certain someone makes us feel.

My reaction to this is: how does unconditional love exist, based on this 'fact'? Consider when a love one hurts you, but you still love them. How can it be logical to still love someone if they also make us feel negative feelings every now and then? Is it the "anticipation" that keeps us feeling the way we do?

Either way, I couldn't care less if I'm "addicted" to my partner. I can't help but be partial towards awesome people.

irate

HSC
N/A
I can see why you'd think that.

The movie lost academic credibility because of the 'fuck' in the title, so they changed it to 'bleep' yet I still doubt whether or not I should believe the ideas and opinions presented to me. To me, it's either ground breaking theories, or cow shit. I haven't decided yet because I don't know enough about "quantum mysticism" and pseudoscience for my opinion to be valid.

HSC
I can see why you'd think that.

The movie lost academic credibility because of the 'fuck' in the title, so they changed it to 'bleep' yet I still doubt whether or not I should believe the ideas and opinions presented to me. To me, it's either ground breaking theories, or cow shit. I haven't decided yet because I don't know enough about "quantum mysticism" and pseudoscience for my opinion to be valid.
It is a bunch of new age bullshit that lost credibility when it was viewed by someone who had more than one brain cell.

irate

HSC
N/A
It is a bunch of new age bullshit that lost credibility when it was viewed by someone who had more than one brain cell.
That's fine. I simply mentioned the movie because it was the first thing that popped up in my head when I read the title of this thread, for argument's sake. New age bullshit or not, it is an opinion on the definition of love -not my opinion- but an opinion after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)