What is going on UWS!?!? (1 Viewer)

Jiga

Ok, here is whats happened...

When I went to rego for I think it was Contemporary Management Accounting yesterday the lecture time had changed, I dont know why it would changed on the day of the rego but it did. In any case I didnt care to much.

HOWEVER, today, my rego times have changed for Corporate Accounting Systems! I put in for the 2-4 time slot yet today it tells me Im registered for the 4-6! In addition to this, it says my old tute is 'full' yet their are 34 places left... presumably alot of people have been kicked out of the tute and thats why it says that. And this isnt a mistake on my part where I have registered for the wrong one, I printed off the confirmation thing yesterday and it says I was registered for the 2-4.

My question is, wtf is UWS doing because this is a joke!?

L

LaraB

Schoolies_2004 said:
Ok, here is whats happened...

When I went to rego for I think it was Contemporary Management Accounting yesterday the lecture time had changed, I dont know why it would changed on the day of the rego but it did. In any case I didnt care to much.

HOWEVER, today, my rego times have changed for Corporate Accounting Systems! I put in for the 2-4 time slot yet today it tells me Im registered for the 4-6! In addition to this, it says my old tute is 'full' yet their are 34 places left... presumably alot of people have been kicked out of the tute and thats why it says that. And this isnt a mistake on my part where I have registered for the wrong one, I printed off the confirmation thing yesterday and it says I was registered for the 2-4.

My question is, wtf is UWS doing because this is a joke!?

if it's a tute - it cannot have 34 places left if it's 'full' so its probably just a glitch in the system..

fair enough you have reason to be shitted off but venting about it in here will not achieve anything

j_davo24

HSC
Jonathan A said:
Every uni has limited tutorial spaces.
I don't think that's what he is complaining about. It's the fact that they have changed his time after he had registered to a different timeslot.

Anyway, just show them the print out then they can't argue.

L

LaraB

j_davo24 said:
I don't think that's what he is complaining about. It's the fact that they have changed his time after he had registered to a different timeslot.

Anyway, just show them the print out then they can't argue.
yes but if what happened is that the tute time was changed, not that he was put into another tute - t hey won't just change it unless other students have the same complaint and unless the staff member is available at that time..

unfortunately there may be nothing that can/will be done unless it was a mistake or something

j_davo24

HSC
LaraB said:
yes but if what happened is that the tute time was changed, not that he was put into another tute - t hey won't just change it unless other students have the same complaint and unless the staff member is available at that time..

unfortunately there may be nothing that can/will be done unless it was a mistake or something
I understand that but surely you can't just magically change the tute time after registrations without informing anybody. Most people wouldn't bother looking at platformweb after theyve done their registration as there is no need to. So how is everyone supposed to know?

L

LaraB

j_davo24 said:
I understand that but surely you can't just magically change the tute time after registrations without informing anybody. Most people wouldn't bother looking at platformweb after theyve done their registration as there is no need to. So how is everyone supposed to know?

did you not read what i said?

i said that they probably wouldn't change it if only 1 student has a problem with it... so obviously what i meant by that was that he should complain and hope that others also got screwed by it, but if it is just him who has a problem with it - they won't change it because they can't screw things up for academic staff and 30 other students just coz one has a complaint..

whether you're supposed to know or not is irrelevant to getting it fixed..

j_davo24

HSC
LaraB said:
did you not read what i said?

i said that they probably wouldn't change it if only 1 student has a problem with it... so obviously what i meant by that was that he should complain and hope that others also got screwed by it, but if it is just him who has a problem with it - they won't change it because they can't screw things up for academic staff and 30 other students just coz one has a complaint..

whether you're supposed to know or not is irrelevant to getting it fixed..
Yeah i read it. But misinterpreted it. I thought you were simply saying that they might have changed the tute time so ask someone, not, they have changed the tute time so tough luck. A little structure and punctuation wouldn't hurt...

Also they have had three months to organise timetables, changes on or after the day of registration are not really what you would call acceptable.

L

LaraB

j_davo24 said:
Yeah i read it. But misinterpreted it. I thought you were simply saying that they might have changed the tute time so ask someone, not, they have changed the tute time so tough luck. A little structure and punctuation wouldn't hurt...

Also they have had three months to organise timetables, changes on or after the day of registration are not really what you would call acceptable.
it was clear what i meant. It didn't require a 2nd explanation.

again - i will say what i have said to everyone else - if you're so offended and pissed off byt it - quit your bitching in here and complain to the uni.

no one cares whether you think it's acceptable or not unless you are actually going to do something about it.

people really need to stop venting in here about how shit things are when they refuse to actually do anything about it.. if you don't try to get it fixed - quit your bitching coz you have no reason to complain since you are as lazy as the uws admin

j_davo24

HSC
LaraB said:
it was clear what i meant. It didn't require a 2nd explanation.

again - i will say what i have said to everyone else - if you're so offended and pissed off byt it - quit your bitching in here and complain to the uni.

no one cares whether you think it's acceptable or not unless you are actually going to do something about it.

people really need to stop venting in here about how shit things are when they refuse to actually do anything about it.. if you don't try to get it fixed - quit your bitching coz you have no reason to complain since you are as lazy as the uws admin
Temper temper. People are simply expressing opinions much in the same way you are. How about a little respect for these opinions. If I had an issue with it I would contact the university myself, but I do not. I was simply stating my point of view. No need to be so nasty.

L

LaraB

j_davo24 said:
Temper temper. People are simply expressing opinions much in the same way you are. How about a little respect for these opinions. If I had an issue with it I would contact the university myself, but I do not. I was simply stating my point of view. No need to be so nasty.
Of course - because i can't be bothered manipulating my words to make comments seem polite even when they're not like others do, everything i say is useless and i'm just being bitchy :rolleyes:... i love how the instant you dare to disagree with someone in here and OMG you swear!! :rolleyes: you MUST just be angry at the person... i don't need you telling me what to say and how to say it.

I never said anything negative about your so called "opinions" - i said that everyone is just wasting time bitching and whinging in here because nothing will get solved that way... and then to get the response that "well, we don't want it fixed"... what kind of dopey retort is that?! If you don't want it fixed, then don't complain it's a crappy system because if you don't want it fixed then the only avvailable option is that you are fine with it the way it is.

And these "people" you refer to - why not just say "i" because no one else has responded but you...

You do not know what posts i do and don't respect and regardless - you have no right to command me to respect an opinion.... especially since your initial posts were not correct and would not help solve the problem as you appeared to be trying to do

Last edited by a moderator:

Jiga

I know this wasnt entirely directed at me but in any case, I do intend to do something on top of posting here, but Im not going to rush into it like a whinging git because it might just be a glitch that will be fixed by Monday (Although its now Sunday and still not fixed)

I thought it would make for interesting reading how the system has completely fucked up.... like I said its not just the tute, other units have had lecture times change at the last minute.... although these have not effected me.

Surely they have access to the rego page, it says for two tutes that both have 3 and 34 places left respectively even though it says they are both 'full', obviously they must know their is a problem and in any case one person or 100, as long as they can produce the conformation page as I can than they will have no foot to stand on.

Heres a pic of the rego page, with the tute circled in read the one I ACTUALLY registered for...

EDIT: ^ Dam site automatically resized it, you get the idea anyway.

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Don't mind her davo, she's a bitch to pretty much everyone. Oh, that and she doesn't acknowledge the blatantly obvious vibe of anger in her responses. Not everything needs to be made explicit little girl. The context and the words you choose to use already do enough to suggest anger and impatience in your tone.

Oh and seeing as you can't even understand the tone which characterises your own comments I'll point something out to you. FFS quit with the 'oMgZ j00 hav3 n0 r1gh7 to tell me to d0 blah blah'...it just makes you sound like an immature 5 year old. BTW in all honesty, davo's 'misinterpretation' of your poorly worded response was a fair one.

I mean, for example, wtf is this?

because i can't be bothered manipulating my words to make comments seem polite even when they're not like others do
???

I never said anything negative about your so called "opinions"
Wtf are you on about? If what he said weren't his opinions then what are they? Or am I 'misinterpreting' that apparentlly cryptic language use of yours?

- i said that everyone is just wasting time bitching and whinging in here because nothing will get solved that way...
Pot, kettle, black? You have a waah everytime someone posts a topic about how good/bad uws is rather than actually doing something to make uws a better place. That is no different from people 'whinging' about the things which have been discussed in this thread.

Last edited:
L

LaraB

Schoolies_2004 said:
I know this wasnt entirely directed at me but in any case, I do intend to do something on top of posting here, but Im not going to rush into it like a whinging git because it might just be a glitch that will be fixed by Monday (Although its now Sunday and still not fixed)

I thought it would make for interesting reading how the system has completely fucked up.... like I said its not just the tute, other units have had lecture times change at the last minute.... although these have not effected me.

Surely they have access to the rego page, it says for two tutes that both have 3 and 34 places left respectively even though it says they are both 'full', obviously they must know their is a problem and in any case one person or 100, as long as they can produce the conformation page as I can than they will have no foot to stand on.

Heres a pic of the rego page, with the tute circled in read the one I ACTUALLY registered for...

EDIT: ^ Dam site automatically resized it, you get the idea anyway.

i'm not saying you have no reason to complain that it got messed up...

What i said was - if it wasn't just a glitch and if it was an intended change in time slot - unless it's messed up other students and unless the staff member is available at the original time slot, they will not just change it back to what it was originally if you are the only, or one of few, students with the same complaint.

So yes - they do "have a foot to stand on" in a way - because if you read all the disclaimers and crap around the various UWS websites - they have a right to change anything at any time they so choose more or less.

They won't care if you are the only student with a complaint, regardless of whether you are right or wrong provided that there is a way for you to attend all yoru classes - which i'm sure there is even if it means shuffling the others around.

Unless a whole heap of students all complain - they're very unlikely to fix it

and EDIT - if it was going to be fixed - it wouldn't be fixed today or yesterday because they don't work on weekends

j_davo24

HSC
Benny1103 said:
Don't mind her davo, she's a bitch to pretty much everyone.
Shes not that bad a person from what I remember. I sat behind her in Manging People at Work tute in Autumn 05 and she seemed like quite a nice person. I don't want to make her angry but lately I've noticed a fair amount of anger creeping into her posts.

Lara just don't take things so personally and lighten up. It's just a forum and people are going to whinge whether you like it or not.

L

LaraB

j_davo24 said:
Shes not that bad a person from what I remember. I sat behind her in Manging People at Work tute in Autumn 05 and she seemed like quite a nice person. I don't want to make her angry but lately I've noticed a fair amount of anger creeping into her posts.

Lara just don't take things so personally and lighten up. It's just a forum and people are going to whinge whether you like it or not.
Again - thanx for telling me how i feel and what to do - you're just so smart, i wish i'd met you sooner - would've saved me a lot of time thinking for myself.

Of course after all, you did sit behind me in a class a year ago so you MUST know me just so well...

j_davo24

HSC
LaraB said:
Again - thanx for telling me how i feel and what to do - you're just so smart, i wish i'd met you sooner - would've saved me a lot of time thinking for myself.

Of course after all, you did sit behind me in a class a year ago so you MUST know me just so well...
Ok maybe I was wrong...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
UWS is allowed to change the timetables whenever they feel like it. It happens to everyone throughout their uni time. It even says that at the bottom of the timetables.

Please check the timetable regularly for changes. UWS reserves the right to discontinue or vary unit offerings or staff allocations at any time without notice.
You have nothing to go and complain about. Sorry. Its tough, but it happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)