What is emo? (1 Viewer)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
JD in the same sentence with emo is blasphemy unless refered to in this context.

all you have to know that emo is CRAP.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
cate_7x said:
Emo means emotional rock - It basically is the name given to all those angst driven bands around - but it is turning into more of a lifestyle (like indie to an extent)
'emo' is also a style, isn't it? dark hair and eyes but not quite gothic? did it evolve from the music?

iwannarock

HSC
i think the real question is, when will emo die already?

sorry i had to be the asshole to bring that up.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Bunny04 said:
Pft.. Jimmy eat world .. hmph.. i'd say its pretty emo, but ahh well.
just cos theyre touring with MCR, doesnt make them emo :p

cate_7x

HSC
x_symmetry said:
bright eyes

thursday

my chemical romance

to some extent joy division. although JD are too cool for elmo's

Bright Eyes??? Bright Eyes isn't emo - it's indie/folk

And Joy Division aren't either!

G

Gavvvvvin

Everyone should download Give Me the Cure, Waiting Room or Burning by Fugazi and listen to some real emo.

HSC
Bunny04 said:
Emo band = Jimmy Eat World.
*affronted* take that back!

Actually, i'm not too sure what emo is. I'm pretty sure these bands are emo though:
- taking back sunday
- the used (c'mon, the name says it all :p pfft the used!)
- dashboard confessional
- weezer

Basically, i think most people use the word 'emo' as an expression for what they consider to be illegitimate rock/punk.
Oh, and people who are sad, wear black and write many shitty soppy songs about being sad, wearing black, and writing songs...

amisha_amisha

I'm a Title now?
HSC
Can you actually believe that a magazine labelled Coldplay as 'Emo'! :rolleyes: I was so pissedl...I sincerly know that Coldplay can not be Emo music. They may be emotional, put that doesn't come through as rage.

Emo music is so stereotyped, how the hell can My Chemical Romance be emo?! Emo is a great stream of music, and MRC are shit!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
emo is horrible and whiney.
makes me want to cry.
ahahaha...but then again i have a very biased opinion of the stupid subculture..
give me alternative/jazz/swing any day lovelys

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Lu Lu said:
Ok so I know this guy and he was talking about emo music and I do not get what he is on about. What sort of bands go into this type? Is it kinda like punk? Please help me I have no idea.
http://www.fourfa.com/index.html
"emocore." Rites of Spring, Embrace, Gray Matter, Ignition, Dag Nasty, Monsula, Fugazi kind of, Fuel, Samiam, Jawbreaker, Hot Water Music, Elliot, Friction, Soulside, early Lifetime, Split Lip/Chamberlain, Kerosene 454.

"emo." Moss Icon, the Hated, Silver Bearings, Native Nod, Merel, Hoover, Current, Indian Summer, Evergreen, Navio Forge, Still Life, Shotmaker, Policy of Three, Clikatat Ikatowi, Maximillian Colby, Sleepytime Trio, Noneleftstanding, Embassy, Ordination of Aaron, Floodgate, Four Hundred Years, Frail, Lincoln, Julia, Shroomunion, some early Unwound, etc.

"hardcore emo." Heroin, Antioch Arrow, Mohinder, Honeywell, Reach Out, early Portaits of Past, Assfactor 4, Second Story Window, End of the Line, Angel Hair, Swing Kids, Three Studies for a Crucifixion, John Henry West, Guyver-1, Palatka, Coleman, Iconoclast, some Merel, some Clikatat Ikatowi, etc.

"post-emo indie rock" and post-emo post-hardcore. Sunny Day Real Estate, Christie Front Drive, Promise Ring, Mineral, Boys Life, Sideshow, Get-Up Kids, Braid, Cap'n Jazz, then later Joan of Arc, Jets To Brazil, etc. Lots of Caulfield and Crank! Records bands, more lately a lot of stuff on Jade Tree for instance.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Sofe that website sucks...
the creator doesnt have a clue

wikipedia is teh bestest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)