what is best thesaurus and dictionary? (1 Viewer)

HQ_BUDDY

well, my english teacher said either oxford or maquarie,
she thinks maquarie is the best but which style of one.
and also which yr version thingy is the most recent, just so i dont go getting 2004 when 2005 is out. :mad: :)

classics_chic

HSC
Dictionary: Oxford, absolutely no question (they also have a combo dictionary/ thesaurus)
Thesaurus: Roget's (it's a bit hard to use but once you get used to it it's great)

(I offer tutoring: competitive rates, I come to you, and I'm studying honours preparation English and Ancient History. Email/ PM me for details!)

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
The best are the Oxford Academic Editions. All of them in total come to about $600, but every word has a geneology section.

They arent necessarily the most practical but to get it on CD is a lot cheaper.

sladehk

le random
HSC
Collins is heaps good but if you only have those choices, gofor the Macquarie

HQ_BUDDY

thesau , diction

Grobus said:
The best are the Oxford Academic Editions. All of them in total come to about $600, but every word has a geneology section.

They arent necessarily the most practical but to get it on CD is a lot cheaper.
that sounds good but $600 :vcross: no way, how much would the cd cost and what is the name on the front.

sladehk

le random
HSC
Collins is good but no one seems to like it here!

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
HQ_BUDDY said:
that sounds good but $600 :vcross: no way, how much would the cd cost and what is the name on the front.
Im not sure - I think thats the kind of price a student would get it for. I remember an English professor at university giving it a big wrap in one of his lectures.

If you know anyone who goes to uni, see if theyll buy it for you since itll be a lot cheaper than in stores.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)