WHAT IS A STYLE GUIDE?? plz include examples (1 Viewer)

chris42

HSC
A style guide is a theme which you can apply to a set of documents or websites, which includes preset formatting and layout. Example is in Frontpage or word you can apply "Themes" to documents.

chris42

HSC
Thanks. I hope this knowledge of IT technical words, can help me in the future one day :p

MrMiK

yeh.. one day u might just b able to talk that jargony that you loose everyone interest when you start a conversation.. if you try hard enough.

God i hate the words in IT "style guide" .. :| ... isnt "theme" more of a generally used word.. the theme of a site and wotnot.. its more general about how somthing looks.. which then can relate to style sheets and what not.. but not "style guide".. im going to go on strike about that wording.

MrMiK

I think a template can be included in a style guide. in a way.
templates are usually for both formatting and positioning of elements, where the style guide to my knowledge is focused on formatting (colours, fornts, and whatnot)

still i ask for confirmation

puffkenny

HSC
*Style guide is a set of parameters that can be applied to a section of the text and change many ofrmatting properties at once
*a document created to identify the spelling, layout aand common grammatical issues

2 types of style guides:

corprate: custom made
generic: comes with the program

bradical

Style guides (corporate and generic):

In word processing, a named set of formatting parameters. By applying the style name to a section of text, you can change many formatting properties at once.

Templates:

In spreadsheet and database applications, a template is a blank form that shows which fields exist, their locations, and their length. In spreadsheet applications, for example, a template is a spreadsheet in which all the cells have been defined but no data has yet been entered. In some word processing applications, template is used in place of style sheet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)