• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what have i put myself into (1 Viewer)

reemz

HSC
hi guys, all of the 2005 extension history students i feel your frustration and confusion! im doing my major work about the creastion of israel the state, and how eastern and western historians have viewed ths event..
i have gone and done research and now i have this whole pile of info. and i dont know were to start!
im looking for documentaries about this event but because its such a broad topic im getting confused..
not to mention the structure of the actual assignment oh god help me.....
can anyone help me plz.....
i have no idea what im doing

X

xeuyrawp

reemz said:
hi guys, all of the 2005 extension history students i feel your frustration and confusion! im doing my major work about the creastion of israel the state, and how eastern and western historians have viewed ths event..
i have gone and done research and now i have this whole pile of info. and i dont know were to start!
im looking for documentaries about this event but because its such a broad topic im getting confused..
not to mention the structure of the actual assignment oh god help me.....
can anyone help me plz.....
i have no idea what im doing
Ok, calm down:)

Generally you get your question from research. I would at least read a few articles/book chapters and watch a few docus before eevn forming my question.

You could look at things like - why was it (really) formed, - who was pro/against it, - how they managed to form it, etc etc.

You could be clever and look at those things in relation to a modern context as well, by showing how those things are evident in it as a modern nation.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
look at the author's conclusion to help formulate a question.

reemz

HSC
thanks for the advice but now i have gotten the information and i dont no were to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X

xeuyrawp

reemz said:
thanks for the advice but now i have gotten the information and i dont no were to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you read any of it? When you do, keep these in mind.

1- What are all the historians' main concerns? What do they think is important?
2- Why do the historians think these ideas are important?
3- Could I formulate a question revolving around these ideas?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Historiography, issues of history.

Best tact would be to focus on how the event and history is affected by two conflicting notions.

By listing them down you'd have a good starting point, but yeah like the others have said, read first before forming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)