WHat happens... (1 Viewer)

toknblackguy

HSC
i do revenge tragedy
and what would happen if i only talked about 4 texts, and they specified to do 5?

toknblackguy

HSC
ugh
so many ppl surfing the forum and noone cares to post any sortta reply

mememe

If it specified to do FIVE, and you did four, then you couldnt get into the top band. It wouldnt be meeting the criteria. other than that you wouldn't be completely penalised.

toknblackguy

HSC
thank you!!
so then i'd be looking at what sortta mark...18/25? - assuming the rest of it was quite good

mememe

I have no idea what mark you could get. Depends on the markers i guess.

Btw, the chances of them specifying FIVE texts are very slim. Usually they ask for two prescribed texts and two related. so you're probably safe anyway.

However, even if you just briefly learn the 5th text, just in case, if it does happen then you can improve your mark, just by making reference to it. It's better than ignoring it.

devi

exactly... even if you didnt cover it in detail, breifly mentioning it would at least mean you fufilled the criteria.

and she's right, they would amost never ask you to do all 5...

what topic do you HAVE 5 prescribed texts for anyway> arenty there normally 3?

toknblackguy

HSC
well...my texts include the three set texts and one of my choosing
however, i only just realised what a poor choice it is
cause now i have 3 plays and 1 film :p

anyway...what if i use a prescribed textas one of my own choosing\?

devi

no, you have to use something not from the syllabus, they will see that as lazy, and looks like you havent bothered to research your topic.

mememe

So you only have one related text? there is a HIGH chance you'll need two, so i realllly recommend you find one, even if you fudge most of it or just mention it briefly. I dont think they've ever asked for just "one" related text.

toknblackguy

HSC
they always say two related texts...but what happens if you use one prescribed text as a related text?
cause i did that in my trials for 2u english...i was doing powerplya, and i did 1984, but i used julius caesar as one of my related texts....i got 18/20 - BHHS
so i dunno.....

Leasha23

Originally posted by toknblackguy
they always say two related texts...but what happens if you use one prescribed text as a related text?
cause i did that in my trials for 2u english...i was doing powerplya, and i did 1984, but i used julius caesar as one of my related texts....i got 18/20 - BHHS
so i dunno.....
Our teacher told us that in all circumstances, the prescribed texts CAN NOT be used as related texts, unless they are not related to the module at all...
eg. for revenge tragedy, you could use any of the texts for other electives in module A, but not any of the set texts for revenge tragedy

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
you cant use a prescribed text from your module as a related text Jason.. thats a HUGE No-no..

need to find 2 of your own texts at least..

toknblackguy

HSC
nick a?
oh well then...it looks like i'm up for a spectacular failing of 3u english!!
woohoo!!

Leasha23

nick a?
oh well then...it looks like i'm up for a spectacular failing of 3u english!!
woohoo!!
What elective do you do for extension?

toknblackguy

HSC
revenge tragedy
i've just lost all motivatino to study
and cause i haven't studied prior to today..i feel it's pointless :(

Leasha23

revenge tragedy
i've just lost all motivatino to study
and cause i haven't studied prior to today..i feel it's pointless :(
If you do revenge tragedy, look back to the Shakespeare works you have studied over your years at school... Othello, Hamlet fit in with the genre, as do others (apparently) if you crap on enough. Also look at contemporary movies such as The Patriot, Gladiator - even if you dont have quotes, small details on each (such as the signifiers) will make up that extra text you dont have. I only suggested these cos they are pretty easy and fairly well known - even if you dont know the movie off by heart you can find stuff easily enough on them online

toknblackguy

HSC
nah
i appreciate the help
but im passed all help
i've burnt out as they say
but thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)