What happens when you change school now...Just curious (1 Viewer)

lilly luta

HSC
Will the new school use the results from your old school? What happens if the subjects you're doing are not on the same line?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Not to my understanding. Apparently I heard your marks are based on your next assessment. Maybe they might consider how well you performed at your old school.

Why are you moving?

lilly luta

HSC
I'm just curious, that's all :) Do you go to James Ruse?

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, I think at some schools they just make you do assessments at your new school then estimate your marks for the assignments you missed while you were at your old school.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
If you change schools up to 30 June, the new school is responsible for submitting your HSC assessment marks to the Board. If you change after 30 June, the old school is solely responsible for assessments.

Whichever school is responsible, they will estimate any tasks you missed or may ask you to do catch-up or alternative tasks.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Or may ask the previous school for the marks and ranks from tasks to assist in making their decision - along with a copy of the actual task and criteria (and if possible the students' own work).

I know we have done that - had the previous school send us a copy of their two tasks they had done, criteria and asked the student for their task - that gave us a better idea of where they were at.

If the subjects at the new school aren't on the same line the school and student will have to come to some arrangement, which is why many schools don't like to take new students into Year 12 late in the year.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I thought it wasn't possible to change to any school at this time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)