what happens if u start crying?? (1 Viewer)

tutmut

HSC
N/A
im just wondering when you're performing say a guitar or something

and u get all emotional?

do u lose marks?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you playing an emotional song or something?

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
Music is a form of art and self expression, so you may express yourself as you please :) So long as you don't flood the room, keep away from electrical equipment and if you are reading sheet music, there is no excuse that you stuffed up because you smudged the ink.
Good luck.

ellen.louise

HSC
uh... what you playing?

At my sister's yr 12 final assembly this guy played Hallelujah (really really well), started crying, and mucked up the words so everyone else started crying too. Don't do that. You'll probably lose marks if you screw it up cause you can't stop crying.

mrthw88z

HSC
N/A
No extra marks for turning on the water works - real or fake! Sorry

:cold:

PrettyVacant

HSC
tutmut said:
im just wondering when you're performing say a guitar or something

and u get all emotional?

do u lose marks?
=\ Why would you lose marks? If it's appropriate to the song....

jazzmuzik

HSC
i guess it doesnt matter, as long as the music is still the focus. Ie. dont sob over the words and it distracts from the performance. May be a little difficult to balance but if you cant hold it in, just try and focus on what you have to do, for those few minutes its about your performance of the song.

Loctorak

HSC
The important thing to remember is your playing. The markers will be looking at how well you play the piece, but also they will look for how easy it is for you, how much you get into it etc.

If crying does not hinder your playing quality at all then you will definitely not lose marks. You'll more thank likely get a few if they in turn are moved by it.

If you start crying and can't play properly, however, then I would work on that as you might lose marks.

nonsense

HSC
i started cryin wen i was shredding to power ranges theme song. that gets me goin.

mad-triste

HSC
Well... um... that's not very professional, is it? Remember that you're not just being marked on your emotional involvement - the focus is the technical ability and stylistic interpretation. If you're so into a piece that you're crying over it, you're not paying enough attention to your performance.

Remember as well, this is an exam, not a concert! They just want to see how well you can play. As a singer and actor I know the words are important, but so is posture, diction, support, breathing, legato, intonation... there are just too many things to think about to get involved in one aspect of the piece.

Isolated

HSC
Markers dont give if shit if you cry or not, its not like tv or anything like that- Dont force or pretend anything.

kuroneko

HSC
I say practise it heaps, the more you go through it the less emotional it will become. If you need to, perform it in front of people you know to get the performance-emotion out so you'll be ready to do the real thing without the waterworks, which wouldn't benefit you(r marks) at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)