What happens if I'm sick? (1 Viewer)

Roy9

HSC
Okay, tomorrow I have bio and pe, my two best subjects. However, I'm currently sick with chronic headaches and a constant feeling of being tired (maybe glandular fever)... so what happens if I can't do tomorrow's test? Do I do them the day after?

DomHarris

HSC
youll probably be given a different test to do as well...and if you have chronic headaches and fatigue im sure theyll give you more than a day to recover. although the board of studies wont accept chronic fatigue or glandular fever as a reason for misadventure for the hsc.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I got a doctors cert for this whole week. Sick atm.
But decided to do my trial today anway.

runnable

HSC
If you plan on not going, you must get a doctor's certificate.

Roy9

HSC
That's sounds alright I guess. But howcome someone at my school last week that missed paper 1 of english got a z-score instead of sitting the test?

Prosper

HSC
DomHarris said:
youll probably be given a different test to do as well...and if you have chronic headaches and fatigue im sure theyll give you more than a day to recover. although the board of studies wont accept chronic fatigue or glandular fever as a reason for misadventure for the hsc.
they do if you have a doctors certificate

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Roy9 said:
That's sounds alright I guess. But howcome someone at my school last week that missed paper 1 of english got a z-score instead of sitting the test?
Because that person was most probably too stupid to get a doctor's certificate.

Roy9

HSC
Wassup? said:
Because that person was most probably too stupid to get a doctor's certificate.
Z-score = average of the person's previous assessment task marks. He got a doctor's certificate aswell.

Okay, so I need a doctor's certificate and then I will sit a different test to everyone else when I'm well again?

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Roy9 said:
Z-score = average of the person's previous assessment task marks. He got a doctor's certificate aswell.

Okay, so I need a doctor's certificate and then I will sit a different test to everyone else when I'm well again?
That's pretty unfair if you recieve an average of your assessment marks as your trial mark. Wouldn't that be an incentive for the smart kids who get 99% in each of their assessments to chuck a sickie?

Roy9

HSC
I went to the doctor's today and he said that I probably won't be 100% until Saturday so advised that I don't sit them until then. Does that mean I will sit the exams on Saturday, or will I do them back at school on Monday?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)