• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What happens if a majority of the yr fails a subject ? (1 Viewer)

LankanG

Maha Pimp
HSC
hey guyz i was just wondering what happens if ur skool does poorly in a subject such as physics ? cos at my skool not many pass and if they do they jst scrap over..so i was wondering what sort of moderation we would recieve ?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
nothing?

at my school the whole cohort failed legal studies bar one and same for MX1

nothing happens

you get your rank, you get your hsc mark, they do the process...

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
maybe your school sets hard assessments which causes students to either fail or just pass
but then like gh3y said they do the whole process of moderation, so dont worry about that

G

Gavvvvvin

Get used to it because it looks like half your schools going to fail English too.

forevaunited

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
nothing?

at my school the whole cohort failed legal studies bar one and same for MX1

nothing happens

you get your rank, you get your hsc mark, they do the process...
How is it possible to fail (<50%) in legal studies?? Maybe its just our school but legal is a subject where you can usually waffle your way through an answer and still get ok marks. Actually with any humanities subject its fairly difficult to 'fail' but maybe your markers are just incredibly harsher than ours. . hmm

HSC
LankanG said:
hey guyz i was just wondering what happens if ur skool does poorly in a subject such as physics ? cos at my skool not many pass and if they do they jst scrap over..so i was wondering what sort of moderation we would recieve ?
If your school is failing a subject then make sure you get a high rank.

JoOYcE!

HSC
In my school.... depending on a subject like for e.g general maths
they would give you a [N warning letter] to warn you of getting kicked out of the subject and failing your whole hsc
although if it was an easy subject like say catholic studies they wouldnt care about it

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
forevaunited said:
How is it possible to fail (<50%) in legal studies?? Maybe its just our school but legal is a subject where you can usually waffle your way through an answer and still get ok marks. Actually with any humanities subject its fairly difficult to 'fail' but maybe your markers are just incredibly harsher than ours. . hmm
maybe because the cohort didnt study, hence doing shit and getting <50%
however, since marks is not an issue, you could still do relatively well provided you caned the externals and get a decent rank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)