Banned
HSC
N/A
http://www.semiaccurate.com/2009/11/16/fermi-massively-misses-clock-targets

Xc3llerator

HSC
N/A
http://www.semiaccurate.com/2009/11/16/fermi-massively-misses-clock-targets
How can you trust that site lol?...Could be a scam for I know...

Nothing is official until it is officialy released, anything specs can change, clock speeds can be put up. etc. prototypes are generaly very basic ideas...

History states. that ATI releases a card first then Nvidia ends up releasing another card thats like 3 X more powerfull, then ATI will release another card better than Nvidias, then Nvidia makes a "Extremely better" card and rips ATI in Half...

I don't know why Nvidia are still using DDR3 Vram when ATI is using DDR5? lol does it have something to do with clock speeds not handling it? ATI make their cards look good through High amounts of nice VRAM, But the clocks are usually slower than Nvidia's cards, which usually end up with low ddr3 ram...

ATI=Wants to offer good cards at a cheap price
Nvidia=Wants to offer decent cards at expensive prices...my 8400 GS broke (2yrs old)

currently on my 9600M GT laptop...

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
The 5870 has smoked everything it has come up against.

I trust the site because Charlie Demerijian worked for the Inq for like 10 years.

It's on Engadget and Gizmodo as well, though.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Also good hustle buying cards that only support DirectX 10.1

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
How can you trust that site lol?...Could be a scam for I know...

Nothing is official until it is officialy released, anything specs can change, clock speeds can be put up. etc. prototypes are generaly very basic ideas...

History states. that ATI releases a card first then Nvidia ends up releasing another card thats like 3 X more powerfull, then ATI will release another card better than Nvidias, then Nvidia makes a "Extremely better" card and rips ATI in Half...

I don't know why Nvidia are still using DDR3 Vram when ATI is using DDR5? lol does it have something to do with clock speeds not handling it? ATI make their cards look good through High amounts of nice VRAM, But the clocks are usually slower than Nvidia's cards, which usually end up with low ddr3 ram...

ATI=Wants to offer good cards at a cheap price
Nvidia=Wants to offer decent cards at expensive prices...my 8400 GS broke (2yrs old)

currently on my 9600M GT laptop...

My 9300m G died in my lappy. Stupid overheating.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yeah I can't wait for my macbook GPU to die because Apple went with NVIDIA like idiots.

Thankfully my desktop has 5850 from the patriots at ATI and I can play games at higher resolutions than reality

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I want a tower. Can build one, including 20in monitor for $827 and can play MW2.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
3.0GHz dual core, 9800GT. 2-4GB RAM.

*droooooooooooooooooooooooooooool*

HSC
Uni Grad
awesome
mine's 2.67GHz dual, 9800GTX+, 4 gig ram and was about 2x that price, though had it for a year.
Stupidest thing was not gettin sli mobo though.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
SLI is not really needed, but since the 9800 im getting is like $50-$80, maybe i could SLI them up lol.

Xc3llerator

HSC
N/A
Lol, its funny how the tables are starting to turn...More and more people are going to ATI, and going away from nvidia.

Nvidia used to be the prasied one with their good line of cards. etc....but now with all their poor drivers, and poor performence mid - low range cards lol and bad quality (lifetime of cards) they are going downhill fast.

ATI used to make the cheap cards that did poorly in the gaming market...but now, well they are producing better quality cards, and taking the lead over nvidia...

However thats not to say that "LETS ALL GO WITH ATI" lol, MY PS3 has a RSX as GPU, its made by Nvidia and Sony...Just becuase its made by Nvidia doesn't mean I hate it. (I don't want my PS3 to die lol). So far its lasted 3 yrs and still going... Its around the performence of a 7900GTX. My laptop is 9600M GT. It never failed on me, and plays all the latest games...

The Two companies I prefer when it comes to computing are Nvidia (GPU) and Intel (CPU). Although these may change in future.

Here are is a steam survey, about how many people use which companies GPUs, and CPUs...enjoy! :) BTW, Nvidia and Intel still dominate the computing market today...

Steam Hardware Survey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)