What gpu? (2 Viewers)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
lol what are you saying?

i7 920 which is what he is wanting to buy is only 450 atm. When i bought mine it was only around $300, normal quad core isn't too much cheaper and the performance is considerably worse especially considering its outdated technology.

You are thinking of the core i7 extreme stuff.
Probably, i quote systems for people and build them, but if the figures for processing is justified for the price, then buy it.

BTW how much is this system costing him.

hugh2112

HSC
the Sapphire was one of the best, however, NVIDIA GeForce series is better for gaming for some reason. their PhysX is a bonus as well. go for a GeForce GTX series since some ATI cards have issues with some games (although ATI fixes them pretty quickly through their Catalyst driver updates).

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Don't get anything from NVIDIA they are broken pieces of shit and the GTX new stuff is all rebranded old pieces overclocked because NVIDIA couldn't organise a root in a brothel.

www.semiaccurate.com for moar

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Don't get anything from NVIDIA they are broken pieces of shit and the GTX new stuff is all rebranded old pieces overclocked because NVIDIA couldn't organise a root in a brothel.

www.semiaccurate.com for moar

Im only gnna get a 8800.

Plays everything i want.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
8800GT costs like 50, just get one of those lol.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Im only gnna get a 8800.

Plays everything i want.
Or get a fuckin cheap as shit 5750 which will play EVERYTHING and more.

Why would *anyone* get an NVIDIA part given their track record of being utter, utter cunts with shitty overpriced products that don't compete with ATI?

Fanboys are retarded.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Apart from the fact every ATI card i've ever owned basically died, i can get a nVidia card for cheap.

HSC
Nvidia are trustworthy, it's just that best ATI cards has better memory compared to Nvidia's best

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
haha same here ^^
but can it MW2 maxed out with the 8800GTS 320mb?
Yeh it can. I've got one and it will, but there are some intense sections that will lag a bit. Also, you may have trouble loading the last level, and if you do then you have to drop the settings back to high.

HSC
Yeh it can. I've got one and it will, but there are some intense sections that will lag a bit. Also, you may have trouble loading the last level, and if you do then you have to drop the settings back to high.
ahh i see thanks for the info ^^

Xc3llerator

HSC
N/A
wait for the GT300 series...They should be coming out early next year....

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Nvidia are trustworthy, it's just that best ATI cards has better memory compared to Nvidia's best
They re-brand and up the price on their old cards and sell them as new cards, dude.

NVidia are *scum*

Don't trust their shitty products and even worse drivers.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
http://www.semiaccurate.com/2009/10/01/nvidia-fakes-fermi-boards-gtc/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)