What form are you all using?? (1 Viewer)

malayz_angel

Hey good news, I have a new teacher(after my old one got promoted to another school) and apparently I was given the wrong info. U were right, u r meant to use stuff that relates 2 ur other courses...they tell me now when I've already plotted out a whole other story.. but neway.. sorry if I confused ppl and thanx to those who tried 2 help.

"If nobody's perfect, then I want to be nobody."

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
is it just me, or is it really easy to relate basically anything to what we learn in normal english, especially our AoS, eg. "the theme of change was heavily prevelant in my major work" or "i wrote this major work to show how things don't change" - because, as im sure many of us know, "change is the only certainty in life" :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
lol I agree!

This is my personal theory when it comes to English:
"You can relate anything to anything if you try hard enough!"

I think it's pretty true!

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
I'm doing poetry. Collection of poems that is. I was thinking of researching and looking at a number of poets selected anytime from Shakespeare era to present time. Basically just looking at how the different approaches and techniques they used to write their poems and somehow try to apply it to my own poetry.
I don't know, it seemed really good and interesting when I first thought about it but I'm worried that it may take a lot of time and time is something that I'm lacking.

So yeah...I'm going to talk to my teacher first.
Um, by the way, I'm doing year 11 & 12 at TAFE (in one year) so that's why I seem to be starting pretty late. *sigh* :(

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
Originally posted by Ollz San
I'm worried that it may take a lot of time and time is something that I'm lacking.

maybe you could just focus on one or two poets and talk in depth about them? it could save you time, rather than trying to look at a whole range... or maybe just look at a certain branch of poets like feminist poets, or something like that? anyway, good luck with whatever you decide! :)

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
Originally posted by snakeoils

maybe you could just focus on one or two poets and talk in depth about them? it could save you time, rather than trying to look at a whole range... or maybe just look at a certain branch of poets like feminist poets, or something like that? anyway, good luck with whatever you decide! :)
yeah, I was thinking about that.
Thanks. good luck to you too!

Jinglebell

HSC
I'm doing a critical response...i'm on about the 7th version of my outline, but (this month at least) it's a comparison of the Simpsons and the works of Shakespeare in terms of cultural and linguistic influences and value as a vehicle for social commentary. About half of the teachers at my school are simpsons-obsessed, and i know some of the english teachers are shakespeare inclined, so i figure i'm set:)

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
I talked to my teacher today and he was like "I'm not trying to discourage you from doing poetry but you have to really know what you're doing. To get a really good mark your poetry has to at least come close to the work of W.H. Auden....blah blah blah.."

Needless to say I was crushed. Damn Auden, impossible!!!

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i dunno... have u seen the BOS standards package for extension 2.... i wouldnt say the poetry was particularly amazing (no offence if anyone was one of those poets... just my opinion)

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
Not too sure on that. I'm going to check out last year's works that got published.
Thanks anyway.

Huy

HSC
N/A
hey!

i'm doing poetry too,
but i'm focused on personal poetry.

it's pretty much me, writing poetry, about myself.
or rather, adolescent experiences, changes we go through, feelings, blah blah :D

i've only done 1 poem based around the idea of bipolar disorder and that's about it, i'm planning to do the rest later so in the meantime im moving slowly along reading t.s. eliot and sylvia plath.

Emmie

Wow!!
I can't beleive people are daring to write poetry.... how brave. I think that would be so hard... nice.
I'm doing a film script. About dancers... and stuff, it's satirical.

Emmie

snakeoils go the film script!
I did a script-writing course and it was so bloody helpful, hows yours going?

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i reckon teenage life is lurking under the surface of everything we do... its just biding its time, sitting....watching... waiting.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i WISH i could do a script writing course... but theres none around that don't cost my arms!

but i think im doing okay... learning what i can from books and stuff like that... im more worried about getting it clear in my head first, and the actual script format can come later in the process! i hope!

Huy

HSC
N/A
go poetry!!
and go teenage life!!! :D

im lovin' it

i need to write more,
but at present i'm only adding a heap of goodies into my process diary (major work journal)

hehe

i'll have to write that one down: diversity

whenever i'm bored i wrote a poem or two
--or read through my diary to include other things
pretty borin'

rock on poetry! :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)