• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What exactly is an imaginative journey? (1 Viewer)

nekobutterfly

HSC
Hi i am doing an imaginative journey for English next term, and i was wondering what exactly is an imaginative journey?

Thanks,
Hannah

Last edited:

samuel slack

HSC
Lol. Welcome to the world of the undefineable imaginative journey. Every person who answers this question will give a different answer, as the concept of the imaginative journey is quite difficult to pin down. There are heaps of examples of definitions of the imaginative journey in the thesis statements that are on this site, but you're better off to look at all of these and then develop your own understanding of what constitutes an imaginative journey. I hope that makes sense.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
No one knows

It doesn't matter

You just need to know how the techniques used by the composers of your texts have contributed to your understanding of the imaginative journey

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is it's the sum total of whatever the techniques in your texts suggest it is, since it isn't actually anything at all it's just whatever you argue it is in your essay :D

Last edited:

rr.dun.dun

HSC
nekobutterfly said:
Hi i am doing an imaginative journey for English next term, and i was wondering what exactly is an imaginative journey?

Thanks,
Hannah
you mean you're doing an imaginative journey text? I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but an example of having an imaginative journey is something like when you are just visualizing in your mind the thought of an occurrence if you had done this, therefore throughout you're mind you would come to an outcome. That has been your imaginative journey, it could be from daydreaming to thinking, to dreaming, umm yeah i think thats it.

Its a process whereby actual physical movement is not involved and just like all journeys involves the lessons of experience, realisation which inevitably leads to maturity.

Anyway my reply is different from the others so I could be completely off track but yeah hope it helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)