What exactly do you do when you enrol at USYD? (1 Viewer)

jaimebien

HSC
USYD's enrolment days are next week and I'm wondering if someone could give a step-by-step run through off typical enrolment procedure?

Also, is that when they take photos and things? (Just so I know to be prepared, haha.)

Thanks!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
you'd be better off asking this in the usyd forum, but basically you queue up forever, get your forms, fill out your details (including, most importantly, the units of study you want to take this year, and your tax file number), then take your forms around to various people at computers and get them to enter them in. if you don't know what units of study to take, you can queue up to talk to an advisor who'll help you out.

depending on your degree you may also have to get a criminal record check (mainly health-related degrees). and yes, your photo will be taken on the enrolment day.

jaimebien

HSC
Ah thanks! I think that's all I need to know for now. I'll bring entertainment for the day to read/listen while I queue up.

danz90

HSC
Best to have a look in your faculty handbook for what subjects you'll be doing in 1st year.. write the codes down, so that u dont have to queue up to see an academic advisor.

BigDk

HSC
USYD's enrolment days are next week and I'm wondering if someone could give a step-by-step run through off typical enrolment procedure?

Also, is that when they take photos and things? (Just so I know to be prepared, haha.)

Thanks!

omfg 1st years must die.

u want your hand held aswell.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Last edited:

jaimebien

HSC
Oh please, BigDk, haven't you ever heard of preparation? I've heard horror stories of people who've taken up to 7 hours to enrol, an unfortunate thing that I can only attribute to lack of preparation. Anyway, I've got my answers. Thank you very much.

Rafy, thank you. I'll remember to post there in future for any other related questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)