what equipment do we need for tuesdays exam? (1 Viewer)

little_red_fox

You only really need a scientific calculator, a ruler, pens, a pencil/pacer, eraser and I always like yo take a protractor, set square and sometimes a compass (doubt you'll need it) just in case...thats all i can think of

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
In the HSC examination booklet which outlines all of the exams and equipment needed and allowed:

For General Maths:

A Calculator
A Pair of compasses
A Protractor
Set Squares
(optional) a curve-drawing template

The calculator must be silent, hand held and either battery or solar powered.

The curve drawing template cannot contain any printed formulae other than equations of simple curves (such as y=x2).

Can l suggest that you take in the set squares, but don't take overly big ones in.

little_red_fox

get see through rulers etc, metal ones last longer but they're annoying cos you can't see underneath

PC

HSC
N/A
And see-through rulers are a MUST ... just on the off chance you need to draw a median regression line! :)

HSC
N/A
Does this mean I have to find the geometry set that I haven't used since like, Yr 9?

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
what are set squares? i so dont care about maths, ive failed the whole year as if im gona do well in the hsc n e ways.. but yeh.. wat r set squares?

dollparts

this above all else?
HSC
set squares are those triangle thingies... good for drawing perpendicular lines and the like. can't imagine needing one, but if it says to bring it then we all probably should. weird though, i don't remember ever having to use a compass, protractor or set square all year. ah well, off to the news agents to buy all three.

paganinio

HSC
During an important exam, I brought a calculator but forgot to use it...I did all the calculation manually. I didn't realise this until I left there and took the calculator away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)