what does legislation mean and anyone got an example?? (1 Viewer)

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
Originally posted by dnt stop runnin
what does legislation mean and anyone got an example??.
----dnt laugh
First of all no need to say don't laugh, because even though u may think it's a silly question chances are someone else needs the answer to it as well, and plus it's our job to answer question (even if u think it is silly) thats why we have the forums:)

Dictionary definition of Legislation: - the laws so made

Now how that relates to I.T is basically in OH&S and in EEO

The Worplace Health and Safety act 1995 is the main one to remember it's purpose is to promote safe and healthy working environments and to ensure that worplaces are free of risk as in terms of injury or disese.

The Act applies to:

Employers
Employees
managers and supervisors
persons in self-employment
principle contractors
designers, manufactures adn suppliers of plant
customers and other visitors

The following are the main terms that occur in the Worplace Health and Safety act 1995:

Workplace Any place where work is performed, or is likely to be performed by a worker, self-employed or employer
Hazard A source of injury or a potential sourse of injury.
High Risk Plant Machinary that has the potential of risk to the public such as a lift, escalator, forlift etc.
Risk Managment The identification of risks presented by the hazard and the measure into place to control it.
Worker Anyone who works for an employer. It is important to remember that a person is regarded as a worker even if he ot she is not paid for the work.
Employer Someone who hires others to work for him or her.
Self-employed peron Someone who works for himself or herself and is not employed by anyone.
Principal contractor The owner of a worplace or someone who has been appointed as the principal contractor by the owner and engages sub-contractors to complete tasks.

Hope that answers your question and i think i have some notes referring to EEO that i should be able to find soon but i knew exactly where these were so i though i'd out these up first

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
Found a few mroe notes on legislation.

The legislation is designed to protect the health and safety of workers, whether they are full-time, part-time, casual or temporary, by establishing safe systems of work to eliminate or minimise the risks to health, safety and welfare

ok i'll type the rest up tomorrow i'm gettign tired i think it might be time to start thinking about going to bed

puffkenny

HSC
Originally posted by Ditzy_Ezza
Found a few mroe notes on legislation.

The legislation is designed to protect the health and safety of workers, whether they are full-time, part-time, casual or temporary, by establishing safe systems of work to eliminate or minimise the risks to health, safety and welfare

ok i'll type the rest up tomorrow i'm gettign tired i think it might be time to start thinking about going to bed
sorry to be a smartass but "tomorrow" to you will be friday, the day of the exam...lol

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
Originally posted by puffkenny
sorry to be a smartass but "tomorrow" to you will be friday, the day of the exam...lol
oh shut up i was tired u should be thankfull i was even up that late/early however you want to look at it doing this stuff for you guys so no more being smart arses :p or no more help from Ditzy_Ezza

puffkenny

HSC
Originally posted by Ditzy_Ezza
oh shut up i was tired u should be thankfull i was even up that late/early however you want to look at it doing this stuff for you guys so no more being smart arses :p or no more help from Ditzy_Ezza
lol:) :D :cool: :rolleyes: :p ;) :eek:

puffkenny

HSC
another stupid question, do we actually need to know the year which certain legislations were established?
eg
Anti Discrimination ACT 19xx
EEO 19XX
etc

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
Under the Copyright Act, it is illegal:
To copy software or accompanying documentation (eg. manuals), without the permission of the copyright owner
To knowingly distribute unauthorised software
To run a copyrighted software program on two or more computers simultaneously unless the licence agreement specifically allow this (ie. a multi-user or site licence)
For companies to authorise, encourage, allow, compel or request employees to make, use or distribute illegal software copies
To make unauthorised copies of software because a superior, colleague or friend requests or compels it
To import software into Australia for commercial purposes without the permission of the copyright owner
To distribute software which has been imported into Australia without permission of the copyright owner
To withhold knowledge that the criminal law against unauthorised software copying is being breached
To loan software so that a copy can be made, or to copy software while it is on loan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)