What does feminism mean to you? (1 Viewer)

spyro14

HSC
Well put. The more radical feminists specifically are increasingly of the opinion that you can't be an equal rights advocate without being a feminist. It's views like these that are the reason that no one takes them seriously on an academic level. Burning of bras aside, feminists evoke feelings in yours truly that are adequately summarised in the following emoticons: :hammer: :burn: :mad: :angry::pain:
Congratulations, that is the best use of emoticons I have ever seen. Now its my turn to rip off other people's intellectual property

Feminists = "Beautiful Intelligent Talented Creative Honest" .... I hope you see it.

jules.09

HSC
Congratulations, that is the best use of emoticons I have ever seen. Now its my turn to rip off other people's intellectual property

Feminists = "Beautiful Intelligent Talented Creative Honest" .... I hope you see it.
Macho and super cocky, understanding little in notable issues so thanks, stop.

.... I hope you see it. ;)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
"Bitches getting all self-inflated and less willing to put out."

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
I'll make one point very clear: I have realised over the past couple of years that I am quite solidly sexist, but with good reason. Women are continuously incapable of examining the logical elements of a situation and calculating a reasonable answer. They rely too much on the emotional component of the situation in order to devise an outcome, and this leaves their analysis both anemic and wanting. Maybe it's an issue of gender, but men seem to consistently approach the same situations and issues that women do and come off on top.

They don't fit in to corporate culture, most female partners I've had in university/work situation have been incredibly useless (with one notable exception) and in general they are irritating, fatuous and dull.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
This is wrong in every way. You cant make broadly sweeping statements that women are illogical and emotional any more than you can claim men are mindless brutes. What i stand for goes directly against your statements of "male superiority" as much as it goes against feminists claiming women are better in the work environment. Just trust me on this, men can be just as irrational in their own way, being illogical is not a trait of any particular gender.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
This is wrong in every way. You cant make broadly sweeping statements that women are illogical and emotional any more than you can claim men are mindless brutes. What i stand for goes directly against your statements of "male superiority" as much as it goes against feminists claiming women are better in the work environment. Just trust me on this, men can be just as irrational in their own way, being illogical is not a trait of any particular gender.
I make a point of never trusting people over teh internetz. Last time I did so, I got mugged.
So no, I will not trust you on that.

auraflux7

HSC
I've worked in a professional context with many 'women in IT', working in both the private and public sector. I've come across women in every type of role (BA, PM, tester, coder, etc). Women have also been surprisingly well represented in my uni IT courses. One of my close female friends is an engineer and my sister is studying engineering.

On the whole I haven't found them to be discriminated against because of their gender and they certainly haven't told me that they felt discriminated against. In fact the slightly funny thing which a couple of them have mentioned is the dating upsides of being women in a male dominated field.
They must have been ugly, because lets face it no hot chicks do IT. Period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)