• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What do you want to be when you grow up? Plans for after the HSC? (1 Viewer)

which uni?

• Total voters

Evilo

HSC
Re: Who knows what they want to be when they 'Grow Up'?

aMUSEd1977 said:
A mathlete!!!

<3
exactly, actuarial studies.
From memory those are the exact same subject my mate did to study actuarial studies.

setmatchrun

Banned
HSC

bassistx said:
Second idea better. First idea, not so great. They test on animals :(
Because I care about that right?

bubbly89

HSC

tommykins said:
Adv. English
Extension 2 Maths
Physics
Chem

Absolutely no idea whatsoever.
yeah do law/actuary

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC

It's like a thread to post the subjects you're taking???

Anyway, no-one loves being rocker???

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC

Evilo said:
have you looked into geology and earth science/environmental management related subjects? PM me if you want info, I'm going into my 2nd year of geology and i did all the "resource environmental management" subjects too. The mining boom makes this quite attractive too.
Hope that has given you another area to have a look into.

EDIT - but yes, with the maths you could certainly do *any type* of engineering.
I've considered mining engineering, although with the mining boom in Australia 'set ot burst' sometime in the future, I wonder how viable in the long term this is in Australia.

Evilo

HSC

not sure tbh, i'm hoping it will last, otherwise ill move into other fields/overseas.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

davidbarnes said:
I've considered mining engineering, although with the mining boom in Australia 'set ot burst' sometime in the future, I wonder how viable in the long term this is in Australia.
Who told you that? Coal and iron are going to be in increasing demand for the forseeable future. Environmental groups opposing the expansion of Australia's coal industry are dreaming if they think there will ever be widespread public support for the significant changes to our society required for a coal free economy.
A shortage of skilled mining engineers will exist for our lifetime.

wookeh

eh.
HSC

With any luck I can manage a 80+ UAI, which should get me into Computer Science. Ultimately though, I'd love to travel after the HSC if I have the money.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC

i plan to finish the HSC with a mark that will get me into anu for asian studies/law
then deffer for 12 months and take a gap year in the airforce
start my degree
finish my degree
possibly live abroad or start work here.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC

Hagaren said:
i plan to finish the HSC with a mark that will get me into anu for asian studies/law
then deffer for 12 months and take a gap year in the airforce
start my degree
finish my degree
possibly live abroad or start work here.
What exactly does a degree in Asian studies entail?

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
i would like to study BACHELOR OF PHARMACY at sydney uni

Hysterik

HSC
I really want to work in hospitals, I have no idea why... So, obviously I want to get into Medicine (even though it's such a cliche) but if not I want to do a psychology degree and become a clinical psychologist. Really excited because I'm doing work experience during the hols so I can see if this is actually want I want to do with my life.

I want to go to USYD. Want to get into Medicine through the Graduate entry program. Aiming for a UAI of 99+ but not really expecting it.

bubbly89

HSC
Hysterik said:
I really want to work in hospitals, I have no idea why... So, obviously I want to get into Medicine (even though it's such a cliche) but if not I want to do a psychology degree and become a clinical psychologist. Really excited because I'm doing work experience during the hols so I can see if this is actually want I want to do with my life.

I want to go to USYD. Want to get into Medicine through the Graduate entry program. Aiming for a UAI of 99+ but not really expecting it.
I went to an all girls school and for a while the local university was like "do engineering its awesome" anyway of of the things they did was bring in a bunch of different engineers. There was a biomedical engineer which was pretty fascinating. Basically he helped to create the machines to keep people alive. Also another dude worked in the neuro area of the hospital working out how to administer chemo to brain tumour people... Anyway there are other ways to work in a hospital.

Also try the UQ, ANU, and Griffith provisional schemes as well.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
97+ psych/law at syd uni

low 90s psych at MQ

i don't know what i want to "be", though. :D

let's just get that uai first!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Not sure yet. A Combined Law degree is on the table, and so is both Pharmacy and Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies).

Might also go for Comm/Arts.

trao06

HSC
public relations! i want to do a bachelor of arts (public relations & organisational communication) at charles sturt uni in bathurst :) will be kind of fun living in a country town for a few years and coming back to syd in the holidays!

so i'm aiming for a uai in the low nineties i suppose. hopefully i can use that to get into uts communications if csu doesn't offer a place!

i just want a job where i can be as creative as i want, that changes every day :)

oh, and travel! sometime soon i'm heading to europe! either between uni, or after uni.

wootwt

HSC
Going for BA communication (public comm) / international studies at UTS. (mid 90s)
If that fails, go for writing/cultural stream instead, and transfer later. (low 90s)
If that fails, go for Int. comm or Int. business at Macquarie. (mid 80s)

If all fails...... street pharmacy, maybs (?????)

--Lammy--

Bludger
HSC
To be honest I've been in denial when it comes to thinking about the HSC. But that said I wouldn't mind doing a Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) at Sydney Uni. Although the UAI for it is pretty high, last time I checked I think it was 96.25, eep! Still very undecided about a uni course though. I like chemistry and english most out of my subjects but have no idea what to do with them. My subjects are:
English Adv
English Ext 1
Music 1
Chemistry
Software Design and Development
Mathematics

Any suggestions of uni courses for me?

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
im probably going to get 100.

so i'll study arts @ UWS.

haha, im thinking Medicine ATM or Law.
I can study whatever i want, so i want to pick the thing in which i will make the most money out of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)