• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What do you think of this performance? (video link) (1 Viewer)

jiminymacca

HSC
I'm just trying to cheer up my girl and reassuring her that her performance is very well done.

Composed by michael, the guy in the black (or green sometimes, sorry about the UV cam).

What are you're opinions?

YouTube - Hollow

The lighting change isn't part of it, it was me filming it turning off and on the UV so that you'd be able to see them properly.

Thank you :)

gabgab

HSC
I just waited like, an hour for my super slow zombie internet to load up the movie, and i'm glad i watched it.

It's good in the fact that it has a deeper meaning, i know for a fact at my school that there are a few plays which are superficial and meaningless. It's also excellent in the fact that it incites reflection within the audience.

But, i noticed that some of the music cues were kinda slow, i presume thats because it's not a practiced version that you posted, and hopefully they won't be that slow on the HSC marking day.

I know that my drama teacher would be hesitant to give it her blessing because it feels like it needs more in terms of characters. Once again, it didn't look all that polished, so i presume that it's going to get much better, but a way to maximise their marks would be to develop and refine their characters a lot more.

For example, the girl in the red should be like, an emotional wreck. The "actor" character was good, but she should watch the half english/half australian accent.
The "doctor" guy needs to work on clarity of voice, it may have been the filming, but i found it very hard to hear what he was saying. The "evil soul" or whatever, needs to be more evil, rather than using flowing hand movements all the time, he needs to be erratic and suspicious.

All of those issues i'm sure will be smoothed out before the HSC performance.. Otherwise, it's a fantastic concept, and incredibly original.

thanks for posting it, it's great to see what everyone else is doing. And also kinda depressing.. But yeh.

:)

oh, i'm just reading back over it, and it sounds pretty vicious, but i really enjoyed it, so don't like, hate me or anything.

jiminymacca

HSC
Thank you so much for the feedback, I'm sure the group will be glad to hear it all.

The music cues were stuffed up due to no actual practice on the night and a half assed VET Entertainment group performance.

Thank you again for your patience :)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I just waited like, an hour for my super slow zombie internet to load up the movie, and i'm glad i watched it.

It's good in the fact that it has a deeper meaning, i know for a fact at my school that there are a few plays which are superficial and meaningless. It's also excellent in the fact that it incites reflection within the audience.

But, i noticed that some of the music cues were kinda slow, i presume thats because it's not a practiced version that you posted, and hopefully they won't be that slow on the HSC marking day.

I know that my drama teacher would be hesitant to give it her blessing because it feels like it needs more in terms of characters. Once again, it didn't look all that polished, so i presume that it's going to get much better, but a way to maximise their marks would be to develop and refine their characters a lot more.

For example, the girl in the red should be like, an emotional wreck. The "actor" character was good, but she should watch the half english/half australian accent.
The "doctor" guy needs to work on clarity of voice, it may have been the filming, but i found it very hard to hear what he was saying. The "evil soul" or whatever, needs to be more evil, rather than using flowing hand movements all the time, he needs to be erratic and suspicious.

All of those issues i'm sure will be smoothed out before the HSC performance.. Otherwise, it's a fantastic concept, and incredibly original.

thanks for posting it, it's great to see what everyone else is doing. And also kinda depressing.. But yeh.

:)

oh, i'm just reading back over it, and it sounds pretty vicious, but i really enjoyed it, so don't like, hate me or anything.
I agree with this. This pretty much sums up the way I saw it :)

retromcnugget

HSC
i'm just gonna say i have to thank you all for the advice. we've changed a lot of it, but i don't think you'll be seeing the polished version intended for the hsc anytime soon.

and as for the actor lady, she's a native english, so i don't know where you got the accent slips from; but thanks for the comments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)