what do you think of macquarie university? (1 Viewer)

moniyoo

HSC
i am considering of doing psychology in 4 uni.
they are newcastle uni, UNSW, SYD uni and Macquarie uni...
i know everyone goes to UNSW and SYD uni for prestige but... the atar... is way too high for me. (being honest ;))
anyway according to my friend... Macquarie uni is best for psych.... and why is that?
does anyone know?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You can always transfer into Psychology if you want to do it at USyd or UNSW...?

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Did you go to the sydney uni open day? I'm wanting to do psychology as well and there are actually heaps of options. For your Bachelor of Psych its an ATAR of 97 however you can do the EXACT same course with an ATAR of about 82 for either science or art streams. The only difference between the 97 course and the 82 one is that you have to major in an arts or science subject as well as major in psych. Also there's a little more competition for your fourth year.

Apart from that though, there is no real difference, course content is exactly the same and one is not seen as better, they are simply two different ways of getting the same result and qualifications.

craxyfox

HSC
I'm currently studying psychology at Macquarie, and yes so far it is good. But as CaffeineMotor pointed out, I reckon that the course content would be basically/roughly the same at most uni's really. The only con about wanting to study psych at usyd would be having to do another major alongside the psychology major, whereas at Macquarie, the B Arts/Science Psychology gives you plenty of space to study any elective subjects you want, which was why I chose Macquarie.

To get into Honours at either uni would be just as equally competitive

HSC
do you wanna prac psych?

if so

go to the easiest uni, so you can slot into honours without much competition. Otherwise you'll be up a creek without a paddle when it comes to being registered

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)