What do you think of Indonesian Drug Laws? (1 Viewer)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Yo,

im asian, and I usually always support whatever asians think, but this Bali shit is a load of trash, it pisses me off...what do you think, VOTE!!!!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I do not feel adequately informed to be able to comment on the Laws of another country.
However, I do believe it is fully acceptable for them to have a complete drug crackdown.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
I respect the laws of other countries. If you enter their country, you obey their laws.

It doesn't matter whether it's an asian country or not.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
If it's deemed more important that tourist $$$ in Bali, then go wild.
edit: I personally wouldnt risk going to Indonesia now, let alone risk taking drugs there

Last edited:

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Even though I think the penalties for possession and trafficking are outrageously excessive they are still understandable given the nature of the country and its culture.

On the other hand, random drug testing at clubs is amazingly draconian and a shocking invasion of privacy. Imprisoning people for having traces of illicit substances in their body whilst not driving is surely a sign of a primitive system.

Scanorama

HSC
Its their country, respect their laws, If you dont like it, dont even enter the country at the first place.

Riewe

HSC
While it is good having a crackdown, what about having a crackdown on the drug dealers that are supposedly everywhere and very visible in Bali and such. There have been a few media reports about this, and i find it amazing that they seem to have people buying drugs in their sights but are turning a blind eye to those selling it.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The point is that Corby could be innocent.

tempco

HSC
drugs are a HUGE problem in indonesia. their laws are justified.

X

xeuyrawp

I think people treat these laws as we treat our laws.

A law here is more about prosecuting someone to obtain justice, but over there, a lot of a law's purpose is to scare people and a preventative method.

I've always wanted to know how effective the scare tactic is in terms of statistics, but I've never gotten around to looking- anyone have any facts?

That being said, when we were flying to Japan, our teacher felt compelled to remind us that drug laws there mean huge punishments, huger if you're foreign.

The drug laws are tough, yes, but the slime that sell drugs to kids (dealing getting a larger sentence) and destroy their lives really should be in gaol.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
transcendent said:
Cause as dumb as he is the topic is debatable. I say such shit drug addicts.
Young tourists having fun in a party environment without hurting anyone but themselves are hardly drug addicts.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
the rule about searching aussies if their clubbing in bali, is that everyone or just aussies?
cuz fuck me thats not cool...

and to me, you gotta respect their laws, as your entering their country

jennylim

HSC
harsh, certainly, but we should abide by them if we go there. drug possession is a silly thing to lock people up for, but if they're going to do it, then you just shouldn't take drugs there.

i can't believe there are THREE australian drug cases in bali....ffs won't people learn?!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
its already been said, but: if you can't handle their laws, DONT GO TO THEIR COUNTRY. it's really not that hard. And if you're dumb enough to take drugs in Indonesia (hell, if you're stupid enough to take them anywhere) then you deserve what you get, imo.

tempco

HSC
Orange Juice said:
the rule about searching aussies if their clubbing in bali, is that everyone or just aussies?
cuz fuck me thats not cool...
heh, sif australians are that important. :rolleyes:

(read: no)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)