What do you guys think of the Western Sydney guys supporting the hamas attack on the israelites and rallying over this? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

year10studentpreparin

HSC
i personally find the media hypocritical for getting outraged when 20 Israelis died in 2 days compared to their silence to millions of Palestinians dying since the 50s. not condoning any deaths imo, but this the typa stuff that causes misinformation and bias
fair fair I get you.

do you know why the media and even just government leaders like albo and biden have a special focus to israel rather than palestine?

lolcti

HSC
N/A
I just watched a video of jews saying that israel has always belonged to the jews and that palestineans should be exterminated
you know what's ironic thats what the European Australians say about our country too. Our prime minister supports Israel and some ministers too, how are they fighting for indigenous rights to be heard here and cancelling out Palestinians?

year10studentpreparin

HSC
you know what's ironic thats what the European Australians say about our country too. Our prime minister supports Israel and some ministers too, how are they fighting for indigenous rights to be heard here and cancelling out Palestinians?
fair point

year10studentpreparin

HSC
regardless, its a shame this 'war' has been going on for many years and we can all pray and hope it gets resolved as soon but looks like it will continue at least half of our life time

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i dont give a shit what you think about israel and palestine

it just seems incredibly foolish to celebrate this from a purely practical stand point

it might be satisfying to see people you hate being killed, but overall what good can possibly come from this? Gaza has some hostages, and that's really it. If or when the hostages are killed or released, Israel has no reason not to inflict as much damage on gaza as possible, and if the fighting continues they may just accept the hostages being lost if it means they can destroy or severely weaken hamas.

Unless this escalates into a full blown regional war, gaza are extremely vulnerable and I don't see how there's any path from here to things getting better for them. And even if there is a regional war, it's not like the US is going to sit back and allow Israel to be defeated. All of this is true even if you think Palestine are oppressed natives and israel oppressive colonisers.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i personally find the media hypocritical for getting outraged when 20 Israelis died in 2 days compared to their silence to millions of Palestinians dying since the 50s. not condoning any deaths imo, but this the typa stuff that causes misinformation and bias
Do you have a source for these numbers?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I don't like Israel, but this is absolutely absurd. Arabs are not indigenous to the levant, and it's extremely rich of them to act like oppressed natives. They have a long history of brutal conquest, for which, unlike Europeans, they have never so much as pretended to feel bad about.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
bc they follow whatever America does bruh, Australia has no backbone when it comes to politics
How would it benefit Australia to support Palestine? Actually having a backbone would be an acknowledgenent that this conflict is irrelevant to us and not caring about what happens.

year10studentpreparin

HSC
i dont give a shit what you think about israel and palestine

it just seems incredibly foolish to celebrate this from a purely practical stand point

it might be satisfying to see people you hate being killed, but overall what good can possibly come from this? Gaza has some hostages, and that's really it. If or when the hostages are killed or released, Israel has no reason not to inflict as much damage on gaza as possible, and if the fighting continues they may just accept the hostages being lost if it means they can destroy or severely weaken hamas.

Unless this escalates into a full blown regional war, gaza are extremely vulnerable and I don't see how there's any path from here to things getting better for them. And even if there is a regional war, it's not like the US is going to sit back and allow Israel to be defeated. All of this is true even if you think Palestine are oppressed natives and israel oppressive colonisers.
yeah true

year10studentpreparin

HSC
I don't like Israel, but this is absolutely absurd. Arabs are not indigenous to the levant, and it's extremely rich of them to act like oppressed natives. They have a long history of brutal conquest, for which, unlike Europeans, they have never so much as pretended to feel bad about.
yeah the arabs also had their own slave trade. they were particularly brutal in their conquests across many years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)