what do you do (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
When people you care about are being utterly, utterly stupid.

Here is a brief overview of the situation.

My best friend is involved with a guy who has a girlfriend. Said guy is mostly a manipulative cunt or so I have surmised from piecing together events and conversations. My friend can see this but insists that they have a good side that keeps pulling her back in. She knows she is only continuing to hurt herself by putting up with it (not to mention that she should not have gone there in the first place), but she continues to pursue something that is ultimately probably not going to work out all that well (I should mention that this has been an ongoing saga for about 6 months or so). I ask her point blank why the hell she is doing this and the answer is invariably 'I don't know, I just like him, you wouldn't understand you've never been in this situation' (maybe because I'm not an idiot, idk)

I have tried to make her see reason. I have tried to understand. But aaaargh.

What do you do? She's my best friend, I care about her, I want her to be happy but I am going to explode if someone doesn't see reason soon.

Pretty sure I should just leave her to her shit, hey. Only then it'll be another six months of soap opera going in repetitive circles. Cannot do it.

:confused:

lychnobity

HSC
Pretty sure I should just leave her to her shit, hey. Only then it'll be another six months of soap opera going in repetitive circles. Cannot do it.

:confused:
You said it.

She won't give up anytime soon. Let her let him do whatever shit he wants.
Logic and girls don't go together.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
Preoccupy/distract her with other things. Maybe go out and meet more people?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Preoccupy/distract her with other things. Maybe go out and meet more people?
I will have to try this more when she comes to sydney.

I should probably also mention that she and this dude are in the navy and with living/training arrangements they pretty much can't get away from each other atm. She graduates from her course soon so I'm hoping they will be based in different places and that distance will force her to get over it and find someone better for her emotional health. Plz santa.

But yeah I'm just over it, she'll come around when she comes around there's really not much you can do hey. Just. So. Frustratingraaargh.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i'd just accept her decision, let her do whatever, then when he does something that breaks her heart/makes her feel bad, then you'll be there to (say i told u so) comfort her.

im in a similar situation now, and this is what i'm doing.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
if you've told her the facts, and she can't accept that and break up with him - you just have to let it fly and continue. At the end of the day she will get her heart shat on, but whatever, shes crapping on someone elses heart. Just gotta let people learn from their own mistakes - you force them to live life your way.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yes, give her the facts upfront, then:

i'd just accept her decision, let her do whatever, then when he does something that breaks her heart/makes her feel bad, then you'll be there to (say i told u so) comfort her.

im in a similar situation now, and this is what i'm doing.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Yeah I'm just gonna leave it, I'm done trying to work out whats going on in her head anyway. Nothing to really do but be there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)