What do we do after enrolling? (1 Viewer)

azsakura

HSC
After enrolled, do we have to do anything till O-week?
anything requiring you to go to UNSW kensington campus i mean ( beside picking up our id card, which i intend to do during o-week) .
Because im currently holidaying overseas and booking for my airline ticket.

Thanks guys.:skip:

deadfishlol

HSC
N/A
You don't need to do anything else. Just rock up to the lectures.

Sgt Grumbles

Banned
HSC
N/A
you should turn up to the introductions in week 0 or you may fail sections of your assessments okay

henry08

HSC
N/A
I've enrolled and chosen my timetable etc, although my status in myUNSW is still 'matriculation', is it like this for everyone?

HSC
( beside picking up our id card, which i intend to do during o-week) .
Note that if you get scared away by the lines at FM Assist during O-Week, you can always get your ID card the next week. There's no real rush.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Note that if you get scared away by the lines at FM Assist during O-Week, you can always get your ID card the next week. There's no real rush.
+1 to that. Always wait, especially if it's a scorcher of a day... I got my ID card when it was 38 degrees....:(

Also a heads up for any transfer students, get your credit transfers (advanced standing) done as soon as possible after enrolment.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
What purpose does the ID card serve exactly? Is it just your library card and public transport concession card or does it serve more of a purpose than that?

I plan on using my senior student concession card and getting child's prices up until the 31st of March hehehe. [$3 compared to $7.50 for student prices. What a rip.] i.e. I don't see the reason why people would rush to get their student ID card other than that :S Lol, I'm so ignorant haha.

HSC
What purpose does the ID card serve exactly? Is it just your library card and public transport concession card or does it serve more of a purpose than that?

I plan on using my senior student concession card and getting child's prices up until the 31st of March hehehe. [$3 compared to $7.50 for student prices. What a rip.] i.e. I don't see the reason why people would rush to get their student ID card other than that :S Lol, I'm so ignorant haha.
so far ive only used it forr..
- student concession
- exams
- entering places that requires you to swipe your card
- proof for social security shit
- proving im a unsw student at unsw events
- and i guess library though ive never borrowed

HSC
Whatever you do, don't go to FM assist to pick up your id card if you'll be walking from lower campus on a scorching day. I was literally dripping sweat onto the form i had to fill out to get my concession sticker.

Oh, and if you get the opportunity, go before oweek, it'll be comparatively deserted.

azsakura

HSC
thanks guys i guess i will go pick it up on the 19th... a day later of my return to Australia =P

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
At uni at the moment, and just got my concession sticker. Was there at around 11:15am and walked out at 11:30am. The line was twice as long when I came out. Win :)

MooshyMoosh

HSC
At uni at the moment, and just got my concession sticker. Was there at around 11:15am and walked out at 11:30am. The line was twice as long when I came out. Win :)
I got my card today, really bad lighting, but at least they caught me smiling lool... The line was really long when I got there, but it went through quickly so it was ok :)

CharlieR000

HSC
got there at 8:15, only one there. was awesome, however I have a feeling my id picture will haunt me for the rest of the year.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i updated my concession card today.
there were 2 ppl in front of me.

got there at 8:15, only one there. was awesome, however I have a feeling my id picture will haunt me for the rest of the year.
for the next 3 years (i think) :p

i wouldnt mind a new pic either, lol.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
no current one lasts you for 3 years i think (ask em at fm assist), you only need to get concession sticker after each year (which is free).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)