What do I have to do to get a band 6?? (1 Viewer)

mrLuigi

HSC
Ok, so what is the mininum mark I need on tuesday to get a band six? My school assessment mark was 98% and I am obviously ranked first in my school as the rest of my class are complete dumbasses (the next highest mark was 50 something). Any estimations? Could I get, say, a 75% in the external and still get band six?

Dr_Doom

HSC
Yeah probably this subject scales up heaps apparently ... If you get 98% you'll get scaled up for sure.

mattyz

HSC
well ur very lucky mr luigi that your class did really bad you will most likely get band 6 hopefully your course wasnt very easy if it was average then you will most likely get band 6 just get around 70 in the HSC Exam

sunny

meh.
HSC
Just do as well as you can, scaling will vary year to year depending on your school assessment marks and the quality of your cohort, so don't rely on it.

Beege

HSC
hmmm i have a chance of this happening next year too if i get high marks every assessment cauz the rest of the ppl in my class arent really that good except for one guy who is beating me at the moment, he averages around 80-90% per assessment

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
I'm in the same position, however I don't think that i'll get 98% in my assessment this year - I hope so though. There is only one guy who is close to me in terms of marks, but I think i've got him covered :)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
guys, an assessment mark of 98% doesnt mean itll be moderated to that.

if youre class is failing miserably and youre coming first then it is likely that your HSC mark will be your assessment mark aswell. pretty much the mark you get in the HSC will be weighing 100%

so youll probably be needing +85 in the HSC to get a band 6

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Well, I did wind up with around the 95% mark in my assessments for Year 11 - I just hope I can carry that into year 12. Problem was, I got around 75% in the exam and still came first. :/ Software is going to be a dog for the HSC.

sladehk

le random
HSC
all you need is EXCEL and CRAM
trust in cram

kiwi89

HSC
bringbackshred said:
Well, I did wind up with around the 95% mark in my assessments for Year 11 - I just hope I can carry that into year 12. Problem was, I got around 75% in the exam and still came first. :/ Software is going to be a dog for the HSC.
75% isnt that bad concidering that the top in my class was 59%. But it think we did pretty well in the assessment marks.

HSC
90s to pull off means basically u gotta know your option topic really well as well as everything else, i left half my option topic blank and which is prob why i missed a band 6 marginally. start now!

HSC
I'm always getting in the 98% -100% for assessment tasks... But I bullshit alot. ALOT.

Seriously guys.. If you can argue your way to extra marks now, DO IT. You can't do that in the HSC.

Saberblade

HSC
Haha. In the year 11 yearly exam last year I scored 23/100 and got scaled up to 79% because I was the highest score in the class. Kinda like being the top of the bottom lol.

I do find the subject difficult in the sense of the fact that it requires understanding in most of the principals, but when my teacher explains it to me, it's simple bloody logic. His motto is "There are plenty of ways to skin a cat. And not all of them start at the tail" lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)