What do I do? (1 Viewer)

d_carey

OK, now that I've got my trials back, I think I need to start doing some work in English. In class I have 'studied' the texts:

1. Brave New World/Blade Runnner
2. King Lear
3. Frontline

Along with the area of study of course.

I have read all of the texts and I sort of understand them but the tests in English are just weird. Any advice on what to do and what to write in the exams to pass?

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
You don't really have to read them, well at least I didn't.
Do summaries, comparison of text in bnw/br, quotes, analyse it, then choose a few scenes/scenarios to extrapolate on for the hsc exam.

tieki

Originally posted by enak
You don't really have to read them, well at least I didn't.
Do summaries, comparison of text in bnw/br, quotes, analyse it, then choose a few scenes/scenarios to extrapolate on for the hsc exam.
...but make sure your examples fit the question, and are the best ones possible. And don't just use the stuff from the Excel guides, many thousands of other students will as well - do at least some of your own analysis, with reading the book a good start...sorry enak :)

The other texts I didn't do, just BNW/BR...sorry :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tieki
...but make sure your examples fit the question, and are the best ones possible. And don't just use the stuff from the Excel guides, many thousands of other students will as well - do at least some of your own analysis, with reading the book a good start...sorry enak :)
yeah, my teacher didnt even want us to buy excel or anything like that. coz she reckons (she is a senior hsc marker) that they get these entire essays that are just direct quotes from excel, and they give the kids like band 1-2, because the whole purpose of the hsc is to express your opinions of your text, and by just memorising excel you arent doing that. she said if we insisted, it was fine to read excel just to get another 'professional' opinion of the text other than hers, but to NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REWRITE THE EXCEL BOOK IN THE EXAM!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)