What do I do if I get my first choice and actually want to do my second? (1 Viewer)

Alex499

HSC
I put Law @UNSW first on the off chance I might just get in. But now I'm moving to wollongong and want to do it there, which is my second choice.

I might not get in at UNSW but what if I do and I actually want to do the lower UAI course at Wollongong.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If you knew you were moving to Wollongong you should've listed your choices as you want them in the first place, not by UAI cut-off.

You can opt to reject the offer, but that does not guarantee you will get your second offer.

lionking1191

HSC
simple. the 2 scenarios are:

1. you get into UNSW. change your preferences to UOW first, UNSW 2nd and then accept your offer. that way you'll be able to get a second round offer. provided you made it into UNSW and there are spots left in UOW, you should get a 2nd round easy.

2. u didn't make it. ah well all's good, you'll be offered UOW - no sweat.

Mclusky

Jerk
HSC
So you can accept an offer and then just turn them down later because you get a preferable offer?

Alex499

HSC
Ok for the record this isn't me it's my friend.
Not even kidding, I'm doing arts@Sydney

But she didn't know she was moving to Wollongong when the preferences had to be in. She wanted to go to UNSW at first, but changed her mind. People do that.

She didn't even get into UNSW anyway so no biggie

Logjammin'

HSC
Ok for the record this isn't me it's my friend.
Not even kidding, I'm doing arts@Sydney

But she didn't know she was moving to Wollongong when the preferences had to be in. She wanted to go to UNSW at first, but changed her mind. People do that.

She didn't even get into UNSW anyway so no biggie
Cool story

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
just re-order your late/final round preff wth ow as fist pref.

u can do anything regarding the main round offer

oliverbedon89

HSC
N/A
What's the chance that certain course go up by 10 UAI in the late round compare to the main round? Hmm...and if there is no 'V' (vacancies) next to the course, does it mean the course is full and is only likely to accept you IF certain student drop out?

overRun

HSC
umm i would stay in UNSW and do law, and let ur parents move to Wollongong while u do uni and then after u finish move to wollongong.

It all works out.

LAW
they probably have a shit uni at wollongong so ur giving up an offer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)