What did you write for the short response, 5 marker? (1 Viewer)

thommy

HSC
N/A
Mine was on the Aborigines, and had a quote from The Sydney Morning Herald 2007. I just wrote they were deprived of land, language, ritual etc... What about you?

dolbinau

HSC
Pretty much the same. How without that they couldn't express the dreaming core to their spirituality or some crap.

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
i also talked about how, exactly, the dispossession has affected them. high unemployment, infant fatalities and crime rates, low literacy and life expectancy.

dolbinau

HSC
I also mentioned things like that, but only briefly since it was meant to be about their spirituality.

I also talked briefly about Reconciliation/Mabo/Wik trying to help the problem..

whoisurdaddy

HSC
I mentioned assimilation and protection policies used to dispossess them.

Geohood

HSC
Dispossession took away their connection to their land, kinship groups, rituals, language, burial place and elders can't pass on the overall culture.

hujikolp

HSC
my whole school life studying aboriginals, so 5 marks on that what pretty easy..
just about connection with the land and loss of spirituality becaue of that.. and some other stuff that people have already said too..

nisseltaria

HSC
hujikolp said:
my whole school life studying aboriginals.
Sounds rather clinical.

I focused on the quote in my answer rather than the general effects of dispossession. So I wrote about the irreparable damage done to the Dreaming through the seperation of elders and their successors in the Stolen Generations, and the enforced seperation from traditional lands. It was a bit of a doom&gloom piece - knowledge lost cannot easily be regained, especially knowledge of a lifestyle &/or a spirituality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)