What did you think of aural? (1 Viewer)

trompettiiste

Hey!

What did everyone think of the music aural? What was your favourite question? Did you like the songs? (I didnt like Variations on America personally, especially the middle section)

Andrew

your_crutch

The Aural was great...All the questions were really good. Occasionally you get a contrast question with a crappy song, but I think the America one was great.

amd64z

HSC
N/A
I found the exam a bit more restrictive than a lot of the papers that we had done previously in class. There was one exam that I remember that I absolutely loved, I think it had Adiemus and the Mission Impossible music, although they may have been seperate papers.

Overall I think I did alright but I would have preferred a nicer paper!
Patrick

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
Music 2!!!! the aural was soooo good! did anyone do the music 2 paper?? they gave us soo much time to do a question.. the only question that stumped me a lil was from attatchment C.. with all those funny rhythms and bar changing... ahh

oh and how good was the piece by strauss :)

=Mike B=

HSC
N/A
Yeah music 2 was pretty good i thought...

There was heaps of time! it allowed me to go back sometimes and touch up other questions that i was too slow on lol!

The melodic dictation (i thought) was pretty good... the catholic trial dictation was really off-putting cos i thought the HSC would be hectic!

LoL! that last piece was crazy... haha a Pure definition of a Multi-Metre Piece ;)

I just wish i had more time and one more page for the last question... 3 pages isnt enough sometimes!

yeah that Strauss piece was very nice... they were good questions on it too....

oh yeah... what was that chord they wanted us to name??

Anyone elses thoughts?

geeb

HSC
music 1 was pretty good, i didnt like the structure question, eeeewwwww!!!!!!
i thought the contrast question was the easiest by far.
im happy that i think i did allright.
but sad that i never have to go to our music rooms at school ever again, its like our second home!

is anyone else sad that its over??

Josephine

HSC
I thought Music 2 was really good. The pieces were actually NICE to listen to for once. The chord they wanted us to name was Bflat minor I think. Well, that's what I put anyway. And they gave us so much time! Which was heaps good, cos then I started on my essay question early :) Melodic dictation was good. Question 3 was the trickiest but in the end it was ok.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
YAY how good is it that we got the aural out of the way on the first day!!! YEAH!! i think i did pretty well - the problem with those damn papers is that you have to go along with the stupid CD and i always get behind and dun have enough time to answer questions but this time i tried to stay on top of things and i was actualy ahead of the CD cos you can just read the score and answer the questions without listening to the CD... for some questions anway. Oh melody dictation was good - especially cos that last bit was repeated and it was mostly scalic and yeah. Yeah i got Bbminor too for that chord... i hope i was right.... Woo hoo i actually finished the essay on time!!! Although it wasnt that great - it was too simplistic but yeah... i think its the best exam ive done so far. Oh i loved the Strauss!! Thank god it was a slow tempo piece cos i hate those fast pieces you never get time to follow the score and write stuff down so yeah. ITS OVER WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)