What did every1 make for major works? (1 Viewer)

Jesar

:p JUST WONDERING,
what did everyone make for thier major works
I made a roll top desk out of 60year old oregon and white cedar
And Get this (IM a CHICK 2!!!)
Ha ha ha ha ha No joke, I made it!!
WHat does everyone else think of their jobs? How do you think that you went?

fillstar

HSC
i do multimedia industries..

for my major work i made a commercial website for a fictional company as a distribution product like an interactive cd.. but i could've added alot more detailing but time had the better of me.. anyways.. i hope the markers like bright colours because i did use alot..

Angela86

I am making a dressing table with a vanity mirror. I hope I will get time to make a matching stool.
I am making Cabriole legs ... oh so hard.
I am going to read up on glass as I'd like to scribe a rose into the glass top, which I am going to put on my dresser.
Yeah I'm a chick too, hrm. Most of the boys havn't even started yet, and it's already been a term.

MoNNiE

HSC
i did multimedia industries aswell
did a school website... -- which wasn't fully polished to perfection.. but i scored pretty good for it... though my portfolio was really messy
remember the portfolio is practically the most importent.. as it supports your actual project..it says that you actually did it!

mattyg87

HSC
I made a chess board with a coffee table. I used pacific maple and pine as a contrast for the board, and turned legs for the table

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i made a model of a water supply system with pumps valves resivoirs, irrigation. i had electronic control on the whole sysem to turn it off either manually of let it run on auto, it monitored levels in tanks etc and knew when to run, i designed all the circuits and built all of the boards myself, cost about a grand.

jabba_wocky

Uni Bum
HSC
i decided to do a short animated film called "The Lobby". i finished modelling all of my objects, scene, and weapons. But didn't finish my animating. my portfolio was pretty shit as well. you're supposed to add stuff to it once week with info on what was done. i typed all that up in two weeks, so i dont know what kind of marks i got.

Wilso

Hi all, i built a mobile surveillance robot, which include a wireless camera and a 7" LCD Display in a aluminum box, it cost me over 3Grand. In the pictures below was the day before it was due. got it all together and going. Have just sold it to a security firm for 4G, and looking at either building another one now and selling that bigger and better.

Cheers
Wilso

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3 (Bling Bling)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I did Multimedia industries and I made a CD-ROM aimed at 6-12y.o childern. It was to educate about the imprtance of conservation/preservation of animals and their habitats... Sounds boring yeah? well I put games and interactive videos etc and I also volunteer at taronga so I managed to get some Zookeepers to do some talks and I also got kids themselves to talk about it which made it more fun. They enjoyed the fun side of it and I'm sure it was educational cos it was actually a bit text heavy and the audio was a bit scratchy but all up I think it went down ok.

My portfolio... welll actually I had 4
1st- that one was a cd folio. It had all my video experimentations on it and my preliminary research which was a video survey thing and also my flash experiments.
2nd- this one was all my planning like storyboards and cost/time sketches, drafts etc
3rd- yes. I had an entire portfolio dedicated to research such as camera angles/shot and also vidoe/sound qualitys. ways of recording, flash v's dreamweaver, vectors v's rasters etc
4th this was all my final designs, final sketches, selection justificatons, evaluation etc

Total cost was about $500 that doesnt include my $2,500 laptop that I bought to do it on and the $550 A3 printer I used to print stuff put on cos I figured I'd use them again and the laptop I needed for home anyways the process of buying it was just sped up cos of 'EdZoocation'- my project name. The A3 printer I probably should of addeed to the cost.
Oh well

Last edited:

rp

Multimedia Majors

Hey,

i made a 3D animation involving a Matrix Chicken and a Sentinel robot.. The animation goes 4 roughly 3mins... Also i made an interactive CD and a website 2 promote the cartoon n stuff.. took a while, it was a bittch n a half..
Did 4 portfolios 2,
1. Design and Research
2. Calculations
3. Character Production
4. Movie Production and Evaluation

http://www.geocities.com/thematrixchickenmovie/

Hey can u guys post a link 2 ur website 4 ur mm majors, i wouldnt mind seein the quality otha ppl did..

;)

stevo_racing

yeh i made a big 3 piece entertainment unit with 2 tall units and a low unit for a widescreen tv............ but a week before it was all due mine and the class of 8's wood work jobs went up... a arsonist set alight our wood work room...... we were spuin so much cos i spent 1000..... but we are gettin it bac on insurance n the hsc marks came n saw us aswell.
and also we were all just about finished... i had 2 put a coat of mirotone spray laquer on n yeh... so we were pretty pissed. :mad:

Wilso

Well, i have some good news i guess, i was told just this week that my project, the robot a few post up has done really well and in june next year myself and a few members from my class are to display our projects on the ABC insight program... dont ask me why but thats sounds pretty cool to me...

SweetSeasons

HSC
rp said:
Hey,

Hey can u guys post a link 2 ur website 4 ur mm majors, i wouldnt mind seein the quality otha ppl did..

;)

If you e-mail me I can send u a photo of my dressing table/vanity mirror

geeb

HSC
i do multimedia and i created a memory thingy of my year gp on Director, its simple with lotsa music playing and lots an lots of photos of the peoples in my year gp, some of the photos were from they were babies, seeing all the photos of the people was pretty good. Its set up like a DVD with an intro to the menu screen with different options on whether you wanted to watch the entire version that went for about 10min or 2 smaller seperate movies that went for about 4 mins each.
i only had 1 portfolio but it was pretty huge everything i needed to show was in that i didnt need extras.
i got really good marks and my entire year gp got to see it on our last day of school. From what ive heard they liked it.

The school got me to get it duplicated so that everyone got the chance to buy as part of the memrobilia stuff so thats cool! I made it bigger so know it goes for about 30mins all up! It took a long time but it was soooo worth it.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Funk I did not say that!!!!

and I'm not interested... plz remove that from your sig.. I do not think you're a babe

I do not meet up with people on the net especially doosh-bags such as you.

If you do not remove it I will take matters further

Last edited:

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Im making a PowerPoint presentation on my multimedia class
Funk are you making a Power Point presentation for your ITM major? ummm shouldnt you be making something a little more....Interactive? I dont think you'll get many marks with a powerpoint presentation.

I can't remember who said it .... its on the first page.. If your going to make a video or whatever at least makeit interactive by allowing the user to have different options and stuff.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)