what course to do? (1 Viewer)

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
hey, last year i defered mechanical engeneering at newcastle. but now i dont know if i want to do it (or if im smart enough). my uai was 81 am also interested in marine science. would somebody be able to give me some info, like websites and stuff that tells me whats accully in the cources and the jobs and or salaries at the end. thanks heaps if anybody can help me:)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
not too sure about the mech.eng degree, but you should get some electives in it, and with those you could prob choose some marine science units from the ourimbah campus..

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I think Marine science is interesting! But they only accept small amount of people, usually 20 to 25 at UNSW and USyd. This is due to the fact that jobs are limited, so they have lower number of graduates to make sure they all have a job! I think it is VERY interesting...

In UNSW, you have to do a B Science, and pick MSCI units and BIOS units depending on your interest - Marine biology, marine geology or oceanography. Honours is optional. In USyd, I believe it is structured. You are required to follow a strict plan.

now you made me wanting to marine science....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)