What colour do Beta wear.. BNW (1 Viewer)

malkin86

HSC
I thought it was mulberry (like red wine).. when Lenina and Bernard are looking at the crematorium smoke, I think it's mentioned that Beta-minuses wear mulberry.

clerisy

HSC
This has been a topic of much discussion before! Huxley does write in just one line that betas wear mulberry, and yet Lenina (who I'm sure is a beta) appears to wear only green!

My opinion: Huxley made a mistake (that, of course, is what I say for everything I don't understand...)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Does it really matter in relation to "in the wild"? :p

clerisy

HSC
Originally posted by nessie_lee
lol i rekon... does anyone know the page reference so i can show my teacher!
"Like aphides and ants, the leaf-green Gamma girls, the black Semi-Morons swarmed round the entrances, or stood in queues to take their places in the monorail tramcars. Mulberry-coloured Beta-Minuses came and went among the crowd..."

That's one of the last few lines before part 2 of chapter 4...

Originally posted by Ziff
Does it really matter in relation to "in the wild"? :p
No. But I'm irritated by things that don't make sense.

jim_bob2004

Like in bladerunner, where rachel says that there owl is very expensive because its artificial but then Zhora remarks that of course she has an artificial snake, she wouldnt be able to afford a real one????

malkin86

HSC
Maybe the owl is particularly advanced, and the snake is only just good enough - I bet those eyes were hidden cameras or something! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)