What career should I take :S (1 Viewer)

daniel4592

HSC
Hello everyone, Iam struggling extremely as to what I should do as a career path?, I have done my first week in a health science degree which I had hoped would take me through to teaching, but the course just isnt what I thought it would be, they are topics I couldnt care less about and I just dont feel like going and listening to the stuff each week.
I am also very confused as to what I should do I feel as though I dont poses any skills and I just cant get any ideas out of my head, Iam really desperate at this moment and I have seen a career adviser who really to be honest could not help and I have been beating myself up over this for over a week now and I am simply lost.

chuha

HSC
N/A
Get out of there before the census dates.
Is the course you want available externally at the same uni?
Defer
Or go through tafe.

daniel4592

HSC
Yes I know about defering etc, but I am simply not sure what I want to do, and I am under immense pressure to find a career path but I am struggling so much that I would laugh at the thought of this happening a year ago :(, I just dont know what to do and no one is able to give me the slightest point in direction.

chuha

HSC
N/A
Yes I know about defering etc, but I am simply not sure what I want to do, and I am under immense pressure to find a career path but I am struggling so much that I would laugh at the thought of this happening a year ago :(, I just dont know what to do and no one is able to give me the slightest point in direction.
Sorry what did you want to do in the beginning?
Teaching?

3Lachlan2

HSC
what were your HSC/equilavent subjects? look at how well u did in them individually, and balance this with how much you enjoyed them individually. then look at everything collectively..... does this help?

daniel4592

HSC
At the moment, my mind is so filled up with rubbish and stress that I cant think anything through right and Iam asking just some pointing in the right direction.

My HSC subjects were;

IT Cert II course- Got 90/100 in the HSC
Software Design and Development- 76/100 in the hsc I couldnt grasp it though, and up until a fortnight before the exams when I studied my guts out for this hsc, I was scoring 30's and I ended the course still not knowing how to code.
Ancient History- 76/100 It was boring but you know I done good at it.
Advanced English- 71/100 I hated this subject to bits lol, and in all honest I dont ever want to do it again.
General maths 78/100- Wasnt a fan of it, but I could do it.
Sport lifestyle and rec but that doesnt count as anything as I just picked it to have some sport at school.

Its been a mess to be honest since the start of year 11 when I started planning, I wanted to do something IT related, but I saw that IT was alot more in depth than I thought alot of coding etc and it really turned me off because I feel as though I dont have the skills to do so. Then I nearly gave up on school and wanted an Energy Australia Apprenticeship, I dont know for the better or for worse? I didnt get one and I set my mind to do Primary School teaching, I dont know why, I just liked what the job had to offer, such as a decent very secure wage, didnt seem to difficult and I thought it would be ok in general, but there was no point in my life where I want I WANT TO TEACH!, it was just something I thought might be 'good', So I went to do a health science degree as UWS does not have any education course on offer and well as you can see my 0 science backround in year 11 and 12 has made me discover last week that I couldnt care less about the physics of human movement or how pollution affects the body.

Last edited:

spence

HSC
Why don't you do a primary education degree? It seems to be what you're interested in, I don't know why you'd do health sciences to get into teaching

daniel4592

HSC
Because UWS doesnt offer Primary education, just two pathways through Health Science or through an Arts degree which annoys me that they only offer teaching as a masters degree.
I was considering taking a plunge into IT now but Im not sure what specific part I want, I have a good general knowledge of computer related stuff but some of the IT job requirments just seem very extreme.

daniel4592

HSC
Has anyone else got any advice please any would be appreciated thanks....
Im feeling so bad at the moment... :(

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
Do nursing, many chicks there. Plus it is in demand.

daniel4592

HSC
Hahahah nah :p Ill keep away from that part just on the pure insults id get from people LOL.

daniel4592

HSC
This decision making is really getting to me now I dont even feel like eating anymore wish I would just disappear.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Ohiseewatudidthar.

And wtf are you talking about "UWS doesn't offer teaching"? They offer a Bachelor of Teaching that they've just named a "master of teaching". It's the exact same type of course, just makes you look like you've done a Master's degree. You can do an Honours year in it. You don't do Honours on a post-graduate course.

Just go talk to some uni dudes/gals about it and ask how you could get into Primary Teaching. That shit'll be fantastic job opportunities for you, purely as you're a male. Education system is screaming for male primary school teachers. Go into a public school straight out and see if you can get put into a private school, if you're unsatisfied with the wages.

Last edited:

arendedric

HSC
I would suggest you to have a brief talk with the other people and do some research work over the Internet this would help you have a good insight over your chances. Feel confident about yourself and keep the good spirit going as there are plenty of job chances available so try and stick around for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)