• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What career oppurtunities are there for someone with a Bachelor of Arts degree? (1 Viewer)

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
I was looking through a USYD booklet I recieved from my careers advisors which outlines all the courses available through USYD. I found a degree in Arts which requires a UAI of 85% or so, and it sounded interesting and all, but I'm having trouble thinking of some career oppurtunities that'll be available to me if I do go through with the Bachelor of Arts course. I'd love to hear from anyone doing the course or anyone who has completed the course, or anyone who knows about it.
Thanks a heap!:wave:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
SomeoneCool said:
I was looking through a USYD booklet I recieved from my careers advisors which outlines all the courses available through USYD. I found a degree in Arts which requires a UAI of 85% or so, and it sounded interesting and all, but I'm having trouble thinking of some career oppurtunities that'll be available to me if I do go through with the Bachelor of Arts course. I'd love to hear from anyone doing the course or anyone who has completed the course, or anyone who knows about it.
Thanks a heap!:wave:
Do the arts degree, then you can do a graduate degree.

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
foram said:
Do the arts degree, then you can do a graduate degree.
So If I do this Arts Degree, will I be able to major in one of the subjects that are taught to us?

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
The guy isn't even close to uni yet! You are completing the HSC before he does so I don't really know why you are asking him. Also if you check out his subjects, the chances of him being interested in an arts degree is very low.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
SomeoneCool said:
So If I do this Arts Degree, will I be able to major in one of the subjects that are taught to us?
Not taught, that you study. I was under the impression it's more up to the individual in university.

And yeah, I thought you read the booklet. You can choose what you major in.

HSC
The government hires a lot of people majoring in history/sociology/philosophy/english/other useless arts majors.

I think the best argument for state inefficiency is the number of arts students the government hires :)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
It depends a lot on the subjects you do, some are more directly vocational than others. Tell us what you're interested in and we can be more specific.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Go get a trade instead of wasting 3 years on something you expect to lead to a job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)