• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What can we depict from Minoan frescoes (1 Viewer)

timtam

hello, could anyone give me notes or information about minoan frescoes and what they depict? thankyou

icedcoffee123

HSC
our teacher gave us a booklet about the frescos , coz half our class frogot what frescos were which (minaon or theran) but most of them depiect thier happy lifestlye and religious concepts , and there are no military frecos or anything like that , hope it helps probably wont lol

Cab31

HSC
I just put this in another thread but these are my sources for the minoans so there will be some specific fresco info in there. I got a band 6 (95) in ancient so they are genuine sources and stuff.

these took forever to type!!

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Here are some basic points (i dont have my actual notes anymore)
Frescoes -
Naturalism and elegance are common features - flora/fauna
Religious ceremonies/identities
Clothing/appearance of Minoans, Lesiure activities
Palace of Knossos fresco - Theatre area for religious festivals
Healthy exercise - wrestling, juggling, acrobatics, dancing
Pipes and lyres used for religious music
Fresco of the Procession - young men carrying cups, gifts, musical instruments for religious ritual
Cupbearer Fresco - young man carrying rhyton
La Parisienne Fresco - fashionable women - wool, linen, brightly coloured and embroidered clothes, jewellery and make-up
Dolphin Fresco at Knossos - nature, sea, women!!
Bull-leaping fresco - pillar worship, male/female participation

Also, just try and have at least one piece of fresco evidence for each theory (eg. gender of ruler) as the frescoes are one of the only primary sources that tell us about minoans daily lives due to an absence of much written literature

easystefanos

HSC
i really dont know what ur talkin about! i dont know bout you but i think these fresco's have gottn to your brain! hahah nah jks for real.. umm try google.com.au i heard its a reallly good site? maybe not .. but anyways umm i gotta get back to ancient history class .. we're learin about sum fresco stuff.. i think my teacher might be gay ?? who knows anywayz love love kiss kiss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)