• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What Bugs Me!!! (1 Viewer)

stellina91

HSC
Hey everyone,

Today I received an assessment task back and achieved an average mark. It was an assessment that required a lot of work and effort. What I don't understand is how someone who does the same assignment the night before can possibly get the highest mark in the class? The same goes for a maths exam, some people don't even bother at all to try and yet they get the highest marks!! Do you guys think this is fair? I think it is so wrong!!! :angry: Let me know what you think.

aznvdz

HSC
Maybe your classmates pay attention in class, have done or seen the work before. Read the marking criteria ?

Or they are natural born genius's.

spongepants

HSC
Hey,
I know exactly what you mean that seems to always happen to me. But unfortunatley i know they are all smarter then me naturally but, still it makes you feel so inadequate :mad:
p.s. hope everthing else in the hsc is up to the standard you are hoping

0hNivlek

HSC
MAybe some of those that claim they only studied the night before were prepared way in advance.

W3S

HSC
lol, i don't try especially hard cause when i do i overcomplicate and contradict which in chem is bad......

heres to trying

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
stellina91 said:
Hey everyone,

Today I received an assessment task back and achieved an average mark. It was an assessment that required a lot of work and effort. What I don't understand is how someone who does the same assignment the night before can possibly get the highest mark in the class? The same goes for a maths exam, some people don't even bother at all to try and yet they get the highest marks!! Do you guys think this is fair? I think it is so wrong!!! :angry: Let me know what you think.
Dude, they don't give you more marks because you tried harder, lol. THAT wouldn't be fair.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I feel your pain. But how do you know if they tried hard or not? They must have been like "I didn't study at all, I am screwed" on surface and get top results in the grade.

If you really knew that they didn't study as hard as you did, they must have studied smarter. As they say, quality > quantity.

Alternatively, they might be academic prodigies.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
stellina91 said:
Hey everyone,

So? That just means that they're better than you at that subject - it's not a measure of how much work you put into it, it's a measure of how good it is. Just because you put more time into it doesn't necessarily mean it's better.

stellina91

HSC
Continuum said:
So? That just means that they're better than you at that subject - it's not a measure of how much work you put into it, it's a measure of how good it is. Just because you put more time into it doesn't necessarily mean it's better.
But these people don't normally do well in the subject, they got higher marks than the person who came first in the subject.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
The HSC is a whole different ball game... people actually start trying. *gasp!*

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
That kind of stuff just happens.
It's neither fair or unfair. It's just something that happens.
Some people get the subject better than others.
I admit, I'm one of those people who doesn't study for maths and gets some of the highest marks. But I think it's unfair to say that people who do that aren't trying. They (probably) make sure they understand what they're learning, do the work in class and do their homework. They do their fair share of work. They just leave their assessments til the last minute is all.
That or they're just gifted.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Most people say they dont study trust me they DO
when someone gets a band 6 & says oh i didn evn study its a LIEE !
dont believe them
hsc isnt about how smart you are, its about how much you try
did you tick off the marking criteria while u did ur assig ?
i find thats the best way to get marks, just go through the marking criteria and make sure youve finishd each of the highest points thoroughly, and answer the question. Plus, always get it marked by your teacher a week before :D

jaaaaay

HSC
Some people are just better at cramming, while other prefer a steady learning curve to process information. I could never had a proper study routine because I guess, of a lack of self control... ended up doing a lot of last minute cramming.

I don't think it's unfair, marks cannot be awarded on the basis of how much effort you put in - that I think would be unfair! Having said that, sometimes people say they only studied the night before, but actually have been studying their arse off for a while!

Iyounamu

Banned
HSC
You can't do anything about it. Some people are just smart.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
It's called talent, or perhaps luck.

It'd be a pain to have every human born the same way with the same IQ. Read Aldous Huxley's Brave New World.

If you wanna be equal or better than those who are naturally more intelligent than you, then you gotta work a lot harder than them.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
1) natural talent
2) listens in class
3) bullshitting
4) ur just bad

:pirate:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)