What area of Roman history interests you? (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Fall of the republic, definitely

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
lol fall of the republic...yeah the civil war and the exciting part of political manuevering during the first triumvirate is interesting....but i reckon that the rise of the principate is also quite interesting

i did forget to add the punic wars and the fall of the empire....now that is interesting stuff!!!

cheers

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
i personally like augustus and the julio-claudians but the whole inbred family tree thing gets confusing at times...

definitely fall of the repunlic would be much easier to understand. There are so many reasons why and all those wars to keep track of.

well, that's my crappy 2c worth.

scraneth

HSC
I like Augustus, I havn't formally learned about him in class but I've read the twelve Caesars and a whole bunch of articles about him and I find him the most interesting. Also I'm doing Antony and Cleopatra for powerplays in English...I like that interpretation it brings one of the most interesting historical figures (Octavian/Augustus) alive.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
suger_plum said:
imbreedig is sick everywhere
and the sad thing is
people still do it!
ewww
*inbreeding*

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
JCs, although i'm not doing republic.
you forgot rome 68-235 :p which has soooo much boringness to it, but some is goodly, too

X

xeuyrawp

I think the fall of the republic is a process too long to learn about in school. It kinda builds up with all these internal and external problems, and I think that's more suited to uni (doing it now).

Augustus rocked my socks, I found it really interesting to see how he maintained his power without looking power-hungry.

Don Mackey

I agree Augutus is the most interesting of all the Romans we have him to thank for alot of the developments in the western world. He was also a consumate politician

cute_lil_thing

HSC

definatly the fall of the republic cuz not onli is it a whole lot easier to remember its also much more interesting then learning bout augustus's insane family but thats just me.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
cute_lil_thing said:
definatly the fall of the republic cuz not onli is it a whole lot easier to remember its also much more interesting then learning bout augustus's insane family but thats just me.

your family no different to his ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)