What area in Ancient does everyone like studying??? (1 Viewer)

What region of Ancient History does everyone like?

• Egypt

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Greece

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Near East

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Rome

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

Mendo

HSC
I guess they come under greece but i specifically like the Minoans. First ancient society with drainage- sweet as.
BTW- whats all this being able to choose electives?? we never got to do that. How dissapointing....for me that is.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
we didnt get to choice .. the teachers said they were going to let us have a "vote" but it didnt happen. in the end they just chosse the easier options, which is cool lol

Plebeian

launcher169 said:
OH NO!!!!!!!!!
Rome is losing to Egypt - damn damn damn
launcher169 shakes his head in shame
how could this have happened?
You should have locked the poll while Rome was in front! ;)

Rome is the superior power - it conquered all those other societies (although of course military strength is not the sole factor in determining a society's greatness).

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Aw c'mon! Hattiesoup isn't that bad! think of all the great things she did during her reign. There was the great er.....maginificent trading expedition to Punt! Clearly this surpasses all other Pharaohs who couldn't even manage this! Trade! I mean, that the whole craze nowadays. Militaristic expansionism and the conquering of other lands is totally last century!

And the Romans? Pah! I'm sticking by what i said, they are old and dribble! Too pasty and pale for my liking. They are living in the past! Now the Egyptians on the other hand have the whole tanned thing going. Very nice...

Whoa i just read over that. I sound like such a ditz. Kill me now!!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
really tina, im so over the whole trade with punt thing...i mean, its not like she was the first pharaoh to do it...just the first new kingdom pharaoh and she was what, the 5th pharaoh of NK, so there hadnt been a lot of time for others to do it while they were kicking some serious hyksos arse. and...the kushites had been trading with them all that time!!! (and egypt getting the goods from punt via kush and nubia) so much for "the land nobody knew about" huh.
i dont want egypt to win!!! VOTE ROME FOR PRESIDENT!!!!
tina_goes_doo said:
Kill me now!!
with pleasure tina - just name the place and we'll all be there... :p

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
The results of the poll are shocking!!!

Furthermore, i have earned the scorn of many egypt lovers in this heated debate
between Egypt and Rome

however, i have not heard the voice of the people who voted for Greece and the Near East?

I beg to ask - out of these civilisations, which one in your opinion do you like and more to the point why?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
launcher169 said:
Furthermore, i have earned the scorn of many egypt lovers in this heated debate between Egypt and Rome
ahh, dont worry launcher - we scorned you waaaaaaaay before the poll was launched. just something about you i guess...:uhhuh: nah, just joking dude - we all fall at your feet.
GO ROME!!!!!!!!!
ohmygod, i just realised - rome didnt even come second - third. bronze medal. noooo! :(

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Well bronze medal is better than silver.
When you get gold, score! You win.
Bronze, well at least you got something.
Silver, you just missed out on first place. Loser! Go crawl under a rock and relive the fact that you lost over and over again!!

But yeah, it's a given that Egypt would be the most popular. Rome is just too political for most people. Egypt on the other hand has been glamorised heaps through history. Remember the mummy parties they had before? Hire a dead pharaoh and host a tea party for the unravelling! Or buy a bag of cat mummy fertiliser! And watch out for the killer mummies that rise from the dead when you enter their tombs! They can walk with their arms outstretched and everything.

Again, Rome is full of dribbly old men! :D

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
people just like egypt coz it is considerd to be the most fascinting

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
i think egypt is interesting personally but it is harder to understand the concepts and stuff ( a lot of symbolic things) when compared to other societies such as greece. Greece is easier to learn about

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Egpyt is a lot easier to learn than Rome, which really doesn't make sense for me. I do better in Rome than NK Egypt, but still have no friggin clue on what happened in the 2nd Triumvirate.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
tina_goes_doo said:
Egpyt is a lot easier to learn than Rome, which really doesn't make sense for me. I do better in Rome than NK Egypt, but still have no friggin clue on what happened in the 2nd Triumvirate.
we've been over this a million billion kazillion times tina! either learn about the 2nd triumvirate (now theres a novel idea) or just dont do a question on it. even if they do by some awful chance have one essay topic on 2nd T, there'll still be 3 others u can choose from...
AND CHANGE UR SIG SIR!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)