what are your favourite crime fiction novels?? (1 Viewer)

capsicum

HSC
i'm currently reading "the disappearances of madelena grimaldi" as one of the texts for my crime fiction unit for exten. eng. i've never considered the genre ever before and i'm actually finding it quite good. i like the suspense, thrill and problems. so yeah, i just want to know some good crime fiction titles or authors.
and the basic plot if possible. :)

J

jhakka

Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal are all well written.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Jeffrey Deaver books are always a good read.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I read a lot of crime books. Being a big Genre, there are plenty of bad writers out there.

Anyway, the good writers are probably Thomas Harris (As in Hannibal Lecter), James Pattrson, (As in Alex Cross: Kiss the Girls [not as well written as the rest], along came a spider etc) and James Deaver (As Lincoln Rhyme: The Bone Collector etc).

One of mum's writers who I've read, Mary Higgins Clark is pretty good. Sherlock Holmes is always worth reading, and some of Agatha Christie's novels are pretty good, but some are bland.

capsicum

HSC
I've just finished one of the many books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the Sherlock Holmes stuff and I really like it! I'm getting into the genre and I find that the traditional detective style set in Sydney are great cuz there's something I can really visualise instead of being something vague in my memory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)