What are your diet routines? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
What are your diet routines? (in terms of time, amount, frequency daily)

I have 4 meals. One early morning (5am), another one at 11am (recess at school) and 4pm one and 7 pm one.

I am trying to avoid fat these days and taking in proteins...

By the way, is it wise to have meals just before studying? I was suggested not to do it...because your digestion activity can interfere with studying apparently...and is also wise to exercise (light exercise) just after you had a meal?

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Three meals - decent sized breakfast (muesli & yoghurt), sandwich lunch, decently sized dinner.

Lots of lean meat, veggies, and carbs.

Lori.

HSC
breakfast is usually cereal or muesli with milk or yoghurt, oj, english breakfast tea and a piece of fruit

Lunch usually a sandwich (baby spinach, sundried tomato, cheese) or some pasta

Afternoon snack - piece of fruit or veg

Dinner - usually gnocchi (theyre really cheap and take all of 20 seconds to cook) fried up with a bunch of veg.

Once a week i learn how to cook a new meal, usually from a jamie oliver recipe, and thats pretty much the only time i eat meat. Yep I'm eating pretty healthy these days :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The only meal I have consistently is dinner. Other than that I just eat whatever I feel like eating whenever I am hungry.

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
i get up at 1pm (holidays atm) so i skip breakfast and lunch

i just have a solid dinner at around 6-7ish... snack etc and sleep 3-4am in the morning the following day ... hehe :D

boris

Banned
HSC
sandwhiches for lunch. whatever dirty greasy shit i can find for tea. if i can be bothered cooking for myself, spag bol or lasagne so i wont have to cook for another week

HSC
boris said:
sandwhiches for lunch. whatever dirty greasy shit i can find for tea. if i can be bothered cooking for myself, spag bol or lasagne so i wont have to cook for another week
Spag bol always tastes better the day after you've cooked it.
True fact.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Usually skip breakfast, but I work shifts so it depends on if I'm hungry or not when I wake up.

Lunch, usually grab something at work, like a hot chocolate and toasted sandwich.

Dinner, eat whatever I find.

I don't have a "diet" perse, I just eat whatever's around when I'm hungry. But I do need to eat healthier food.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I have a terrible eating pattern when im at home. Rarely eat breakfast or lunch, just graze sporadically until dinner. repeat.

When I'm at uni I eat more but kind of erratically, like whenever I have a break or failing that on the train

Probably eat the best when I'm working because I know if I don't have breakfast I'll be starving when my lunch break comes around. I eat a good lunch and take a snack because I know dinner will be hours away. So yeh work = good for diet habits lol.

I don't eat much junk food but I could still stand to eat more fruit I guess

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
If I eat brekkie, it'll be yogurt or beans on toast or something.

Lunch might be chicken with salad.

Dinner is the biggest meal, whatever it is.

Dessert is always, always eaten.

And I graze a fair bit during the day. Depends on where I am and what I'm doing.

icelillies

In the twisted branches of the faraway tree
HSC
lyounamu said:
What are your diet routines? (in terms of time, amount, frequency daily)

By the way, is it wise to have meals just before studying? I was suggested not to do it...because your digestion activity can interfere with studying apparently...and is also wise to exercise (light exercise) just after you had a meal?
I always try to eat within 3 to 5 hours of each meal, I try to have about 4 or 5 meals a day (they are small meals) - however the frequency does depend on what I time I get up...and I drink about 2 - 3 Ltrs of water a day.

Breakfast does vary= egg and toast (apparantly egg or fish is the best combination (for your metabolism) with bread...or tomato and toast (am I bad lol) or oats, honey and milk...and of course my daily coffee.

2nd meal = fruit and a small tin of tuna or fruit with a buscuit...and a cup of tea...or I may have a cup of milk.

3rd meal (lunch?) Maybe a salad wrap or tuna and vege (depending on whether I have had tuna on the day) or egg and tuna...and maybe another piece of fruit.

4th meal (usually dinner because I'm pretty busy in the arvo so I'll probably just have a coffee/tea) = whatever mom has cooked (she is pretty healthy - eg last night was chicken and veg).

If I am hungry - say at 9 pm I'll just have another piece of fruit.

*shrug* thats just what I do.

To answer you other questions: Eating before studying usually does make the person sluggish (you need to be alert so I'd advise eating a light snack 1/2 hour before studying or you can just eat nuts and dried fruit and don't forget to drink water...nuts can be filling and dried fruit usually has higher levels of suger - which is the only thing your brain actually uses - glucose).

As to have a light meal prior to exercise = depends on what your doing. Walking would be fine - but I usually eat and hour to 2 hours before exercising....I think this reduces the likely hood of cramping and also gives your digestive system time put those acidic jucies to good use ;).

Hope this helps.

Bboy-twoFousand

<--JAWR--> Only the Best
HSC
I usually just have a light breakfast... glass of milk and an apple

Lunch-I stuff myself

Dinner- dunno

anyway b4 i study i do about 10-30 minutes exercise to get the heart pumping... i personally do not like eating light just before studying... makes me sleepy (dunno y)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Been trying to gain weight - it's been working pretty well.

Morning (11am) - 2 eggs with bread + cereal + milk
Lunch (1pm) - Noodles of any kind with seafood/meat + can of tuna + weight gain shake
Afternoon snack (3-4pm) - piece of fruit + bowl of rice + more meat
Dinner (7pm) - huge dinner with veges rice and more meat :] maybe a soup here and there.
Midnight snack - weight gain shake.

2kg's in 5 days so far, unlesss ive lost track of time :p

Wheelbarrows

Banned
HSC
i haven't been eating much at all these days. i ate like one pack of twisties today.

HSC
Wheelbarrows said:
i haven't been eating much at all these days. i ate like one pack of twisties today.
Same, i've been doing shit all, hence less nrg needed

johony

HSC
i skip breakfast
maybe get food when i get to school

i eat recess (10-11ish)
thats usually a sandwich or something of the sort - covers me until about 4pm)

usually i eat something after school around 4pm, could be anything thats around, not picky about that sorta thing

dinner sometimes i skip, due to the fact that i can't be bothered or i'm not hungry. if i do eat it, its most likely something not great for me.

so really, i have like 2 half meals a day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)