painting
photography
sculpture
drawing
mix media etc

Whta kind of ideas/ themes do you have?

Taz-j

I guess I'll start

Well seeing no one is ready to roll the ball I guess I'll start...

I'm doing a body of work and it will contain Painting, photography and sculpture.
My theme is looking at "what men want" I thought it would be a nice twist on the movie what women want.

lalaynie

im doing a mixed media work, 27 peices in total! :O its killing me... mainl experiementing with tar and wax and shellac and materials that generally dont mix, or shouldnt. The meaning or concept is my adolescence, how I've grown and what has influenced me. It's actually a vrey dark art work, but hey...

Good luck to us all, i still am finding it hard to believe its us doing it this year. I feel like im stil in year 7.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
Originally posted by lalaynie

Good luck to us all, i still am finding it hard to believe its us doing it this year. I feel like im stil in year 7.
omg, met too! sheesh i still feel like a little kid (and act like it mosta the time too, LOL)
yr 12 is so far nothing like what I expectd it to be like when i was younger. Im assuming i will STILL feel like im in year seven, even when im finished uni! haha :D

anway back to the orginal question, im doing sketching, at the moment i only have one piece, its a moth with human arms on the top of its wings (think bat-like) its basically a study on human/animal mutatio/morphing; are humans really as different from animals as they think they are? that kinda thing. im not gonna go too far into the whole 'genetic modification' thing, because that issue is waaay too deep for me, and would go down a path i dont want to necessarily explore with my work. i want to keep it on the lighter side really. Besides, I dont have the time! Im doing ext2eng, and find research for that is hard enough already LOL..... :p

babeishnes

mixed media
paintings and sculpure
i am looking at things that have influenced my life and the important people in my life i am making plaster moulds of my family and incorperating then into a painting 1.25mx0.80m i am doing 11 pieces in total.

TRUZ

yeeeh..im doin inks/painting --> guache/ and myabe some other stuff..depends on how i feel....yeh ish based on da death of heroes and how heroes don;t last forever....lots of panels of superman (jyeeeh!) dieing and stuff...sure it aint dat deep, but wat da hek...drawing like comics is fun..:p

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Painting 5 Perspex discs Approx. 50cm diameter with glass paints. Layering images behind the perspex.

Concept- Layers of sound in much the way Kandinsky did it. Except mine is less conceptual and more visually representative.

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
Now the question is ....how far into it you guys/girls are?

1) Haven't started
2)Just primed the canvas, or bought supplies
3) half way done
4) finishing touches
5) All done and neatly packed, ready to submit.

me?..i'm sort of half way done

Juventino

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Now the question is ....how far into it you guys/girls are?

1) Haven't started
2)Just primed the canvas, or bought supplies
3) half way done
4) finishing touches
5) All done and neatly packed, ready to submit.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!!

*cough*

Haven't started....:rolleyes:

the_used

Welllll... Mine is kinda just underway.. I'm doing a mixed media work.. collage style.. but also thinking of working with sculpture.. My concept is my fascination and obsession with music.. Focusing on Abstract Expressionism..that idea of visually representing the way music makes me feel.
I've also taken a few photos of my guitars and also worked with text..lyrics and quotes and such..
It's been fun so far but really hard sometimes to think of 'what to do next' or what to experiment with..

the_used

Yeah, I hope so, but then again..you only get from a work as much as you put into it. It's soooo nerve racking in class...theres like..people on their 2nd VAPD and i'm probably about halfway through my first one. :rolleyes:

ale1986

Guys you need to CHILL-AX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop stressing about time, your concept and what not...just go with the flow and it will come to you...well thats what i think through experience anyway...i rattled my brains out trying to figure out what to do so perfectly...you kno planned the whole damn thing but in the end i ditched it all and i just work purely by instict :) and it works!! I really hate to sit there with my VAPD and do little sketches of what i want my painting to look like...if i do that i just blank out...i feel better just chucking the paint straight onto the canvas and working by intuition b'coz sometimes if you think about, say a concept or idea, TOO much it can fudge you up and just make things more confusing...

And another thing my VAPD seriously only has about 10 pages of drawings in it!!! Meaning ABSOUTLY NOOOTTTHHHiiiiNNGG, but at the same time ive nearly finished my whole series ( lol, and its damn good too!) don't waste time drawing sh*t in your VAPD, just GET STRAIGHT INTO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)