What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

UzurOger

Almost Sexy Bastard
HSC
k, i have a question is it a good idea to read the books in order or just read whatever i wish? cause ive noticed that there are a lot of these books

walrusbear

HSC
my fav discworld (apart from the early Death entries) is Men At Arms
haven't read them in ages though, and i'm sick of the guards these days

UzurOger

Almost Sexy Bastard
HSC
i should then read which ever i want then

and sam
Movies

Terry Pratchett's novel The Wee Free Men is set to be turned into a film by Sam Raimi, after he finishes work on Spider-Man 3, currently this is expected to be released in 2007

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
really?? I havn't been in a book shop in ages *death to the HSC* there was another one...it came out a while ago...it wasn't releted to the wee free men, but it was a discworld book...ummm i think it was called Chess. i havn't read it yet, but it got some awesome reviews!

walrusbear

HSC
SamTan*06* said:
really?? I havn't been in a book shop in ages *death to the HSC* there was another one...it came out a while ago...it wasn't releted to the wee free men, but it was a discworld book...ummm i think it was called Chess. i havn't read it yet, but it got some awesome reviews!
i think you're thinking of Thud! which featured a chessboard on the cover
i'm not sure (i haven't read it) but i'm fairly sure it's another Vimes novel

been reading some JG Ballard recently.
Crash and Atrocity Exhibition

Trillium

HSC
Hood - Stephen Lawhead
Not really a fan- but i saw it and bought and hopefully it will get interesting :)

J

jhakka

Innocence Lost by Karen Miller.

I quite enjoyed the first book. For a new author, I was very impressed. :)

Lainee

HSC
I think I'm finally at the age again when I go back to reading kid's books and loving it instead of feeling dumb. This week I've been reading the whole Artemis Fowl series (which is wonderful reading, people compare it to Harry Potter favourably. It's nothing like HP but it's a really wonderful, under appreciated series that is great on its own merits). Highly recommended for a light, enjoyable read that really takes you away.

Last week I was reading A Series of Unfortunate Events - the first 3 books I think. It's not as good as I thought it would be, the characters not captivating and the plots cliches.

This sudden book addiction has reared its ugly head just when I should be studying for exams!

Next kids books on the list:
- Other Eoin Colfer's books. (The Wish List, The Supernaturalists etc.)
- I've heard mention of Michael Moorcock - Elric's Chronicles (from my 11 year old cousin. :p )
- And er... I kinda feel like reading Animorphs again. I never really loved them as a kid, but you never know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)