What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
heart of darkness - joseph conrad
the frogs - aristophanes (both for school)

sirius_g

HSC
hmmmm....

The Age of Innocence Edith Wharton

Harry Potter and the half blood prince

A tale of two cities Charles Dickens

My Life Bill Clinton

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Nick Hornby: A Long Way Down- possibly the best book ever written.
Alice Sebold: The Lovely Bones
Sophecles: the Three Theban Plays for uni

J

jhakka

marchetta said:
The day my bum went psycho by Andy Griffiths. It seems okay so far... had anybody else read this book?
I bought that book for my brother last year. I only did it for the free copy of Hell Island by Matt Reilly that came with it, though. :p

R

rada

Catch-22 turned out to be the best book I ever read, so now I'm reading anything Joseph Heller wrote - right now it's Something Happened, and after this I'm gonna read Good as Gold. That and I'm trying to con everyone I know into reading Catch-22 so I have someone to talk to about it.

Trillium

HSC
"The Vampire Lestat" by Anne Rice.
I never realised there were second hand books at Paddy's before... o_O

arrested development
HSC
i just finished 'high fidelity' by nick hornby. it made me feel not so queer about my obsessions with music! :p

and i started 'the secret history' by donna tartt the other day. i must say, ms tartt's extreme wealth of knowledge for all things greek is positively formidable! still, she manages to make it all seem not out of place and anything but contrived, which is quite an achievement. it's a very engaging read thus far; the detail and imagery is outstanding! i can see why it's been heralded as a "modern classic".

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
rada said:
Catch-22 turned out to be the best book I ever read, so now I'm reading anything Joseph Heller wrote - right now it's Something Happened, and after this I'm gonna read Good as Gold. That and I'm trying to con everyone I know into reading Catch-22 so I have someone to talk to about it.
It's an awesome book, I accidently walked out of my school library with it and i'm not returning it now. :)

Just ordered a copy of The Count Of Monte Cristo from my bookstore, I lost my copy of it, :(

J

jhakka

Emma-Jayde said:
It sucks when you lose a book :( I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo at the moment.
And Dragon Wing, which is the first book in The Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.
I love the Death Gate Cycle. Have you read it before?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)