What are you currently Reading? (2 Viewers)

viktoria

the dirt - confessions of the world's most notorious rock band

i just finished it. the best thing. i've ever read. ever. i bow down to you motley crue. i do.

J

jhakka

I've only read a chapter and a half, and I'm enjoying it. Its definitely not a Farseer book, but then again it's a totally different piece of writing and shouldn't technically be viewed in terms of it.

I'm still adjusting to the totally different world (it's not the medieval setting), the different character (he's no bastard prince) but I think that once I get used to it, I'll enjoy it thoroughly. It's an almost total change from her previous books, and I think the change of social status and setting are the main things that I feel the need to adjust to.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
HamuTarou said:
Angels and Demons - Dan Brown
Ooh, I love that book.

When I finish the HSC, I'm going to read His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman again. Or Harry Potter. Oh I can't decide.

X

xeuyrawp

glitter burns said:
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger (aggggain)
*sigh* I don't know how many times I've read that book. There are three books that I've read over and over- that book, Sphere by Crichton, and 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C Clarke.

As for the moment, I'm reading a collection of Aesop's tales in its original Greek on one page and hieros on the other page. :D

'The Fox and the Grapes' was a bit lame, although 'Boy who cried Wolf' and 'The Turtle and the Hare' are always great. (The didn't have a word for Tortoise, as they hadn't seen them pre-Greek age).

Last edited by a moderator:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Jhakka said:
I've only read a chapter and a half, and I'm enjoying it. Its definitely not a Farseer book, but then again it's a totally different piece of writing and shouldn't technically be viewed in terms of it.

I'm still adjusting to the totally different world (it's not the medieval setting), the different character (he's no bastard prince) but I think that once I get used to it, I'll enjoy it thoroughly. It's an almost total change from her previous books, and I think the change of social status and setting are the main things that I feel the need to adjust to.
Hmm.. I liked it after a chapter and a half too. I wonder if you'll still feel the same after 200 pages of the stuffiest character Hobb's created to date (Nevare).

Lundy

Banned
HSC
More's Utopia. An interesting little satire on the evils inherent in 16thC English society and at the same time an idealistic portrait of the 'perfect' communist existence.

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
Sword of Storms by GRRM.

It's fucking gigantic. I really wish this wasn't the HSC.

julius

Banned
HSC
The Phantom Blooper by Gustav Hasford. I just finished reading The Short Timers, also by him.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
every journal and reading imagineable on the EU and the European Monetary System.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)