What are you currently Reading? (5 Viewers)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
High Society - Ben Elton

A satrical look at the politcal systems involement with 'the war on drugs' :D

x-Manda-x

HSC
Currently reading the Magician by Michael scott -awesome book. Just like the Alchemyst!

agua.fuego

HSC
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
(Why did I put the authors? Silly me.)
Evernight- pfft can't remember.
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Also - Julius Caesar. *twitches*

Last edited:

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
the night stalker: the life and crimes of richard ramirez - philip carlo

it's heavenly

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
harry potter and the half-blood prince.
because the movie is out in july.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Reading novels for uni:

Just finished Outer Dark by Cormac McCarthy. It was pretty interesting. I had a good lol reading out all the dialogue in a hicktown accent like Forrest Gump. Try it.

Now onto Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison... I'm only about 1/4 through it, the narrative is engaging enough but I don't like the writing style, it feels like he takes forever to get to the point. Very detailed but I think he could have done fine being a little less thorough, I prefer to have more of the visualising of a novel left up to me. A great read so far nonetheless.

steeeeev

HSC
"For Those I Loved" by Martin Gray.
He was a jew growing up in warsaw ghetto and escaped from extermination camps during ww2. One of the saddest books you will ever read i recommend it though, very thought provoking.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Just finished reading The Associate by John Grisham. Not as good as his last novel, The Appeal, but it has a good hook and it's typical Grisham in that you can't put it down.

Basic plot: law student about to graduate and work pro bono like his dad when FBI-style agents show up and have a video of student witnessing an alleged rape. To clear his name would require going to trial, which would not look good on his resume. FBi guys want him to work in some city super-firm and steal top-secret information for another FBI client, which happens to be the super-firms major rival in a mutli-billion lawsuit. Kid needs to use his smarts to stay one step ahead. Standard Grisham fare.

Ryan21

HSC
Scoolish Reading: "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" and "Second Variety" by PK Dick. Both very good. Send his usual message on what is it to be a human and the bluring of reality. Really very good.

Non Schoolish Reading: How to Win an Arguement By Gerry Spence. American Attorney who has never lost a case. and The Street Lawyer by John Grisham. My Fav one of all time. gripping and makes you question your own morality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)